In today’s article we will see how to print a document from a virtual machine in VirtualBox with two fairly simple and fast methods that anyone can implement in a matter of minutes as well as activate or enable Aero Glass in Virtualbox.
VirtualBox is a software that is responsible for virtualizing operating systems. It is an extremely useful tool that will allow us to create and configure host-only or NAT networks in VirtualBox and create a space on our computer to install another operating system, totally independent from the one we already have installed and without affecting it.
In this way we can use within our current operating system, a totally different one without what we do in one, affecting the other. We can also configure and connect virtual machines by Wifi or external network, among other things. It may seem complicated, but in reality that would be it and it is not difficult at all to learn how to use the software.
What yes, is that VirtualBox It has an infinity of quite interesting functions to facilitate us many things when using another operating system. If you want to have a totally secure virtual machine independent of your operating system for certain tasks, then installing VirtualBox is what you should do.
Best of all, this software is completely free and anyone can use it on their computer without any kind of problem. Downloading it and installing it is too simple and fast a process. Although you should activate all the options that appear when performing the installation in order to take full advantage of all the benefits of it
In this case we will explain how to print a document from a virtual machine in VirtualBox so that in this way you can print any kind of document from it without having to pass it to your main operating system.
How to print document from VirtualBox
Let’s see step by step everything you need to know to print any kind of document from a virtual machine in VirtualBox. This tutorial will be quite useful, since we will do it step by step.
- The first thing you should do is open VirtualBox and then the virtual machine from which you want to print.
- Next, you will have to look for the section of “Settings”.
- Here you have to click on “Net”.
- Now you will have to enable the option that says “Enable network adapter”.
- Then you will have to click on “Bridge adapter“Found within”Connected to”. In this case, you must choose the appropriate adapter if there is more than one adapter installed.
- After this press on “To accept” so that all changes are saved.
- At this point, you are ready to turn on the virtual machine.
- From your guest operating system, you will have to add a network printer to it.
How to print document with USB printer in VirtualBox
Another method is using USB passthrough, since VirtualBox 5.0 has support for this. Therefore, we are going to see a small guide quite simple so that you can connect a printer to a virtual machine.
- If you want to take advantage of the USB 3.0 connection with which you can have more speed, you should install VirtualBox Extension Pack.
- After installing the extension you will have to start the virtual machine.
- Next, we are going to connect VirtualBox USB printer to the computer.
- Now you’re going to have to go to “Devices” and later “USB” you will have to select the printer and then you will have to choose “Share USB device”.
- When the USB connection is enabled, the printer USB VirtualBox share printer it will be accessible from the guest operating system. In this way, the USB device will be recognized by the virtual machine and you will be able to use all the printer’s functions from said operating system.
In this way you will be able to print remotely from VirtualBox, which ends up being much simpler and more practical in every way. Likewise, remember that if you have any kind of doubt about it, you can leave us a comment a little below and we will be happy to help you in everything that is necessary. For more information you can consult the VirtualBox manual.