The world of graphic design has a great arsenal of tools as the developers of the different programs used for this work are inventing easier, practical and professional ways.
As in all areas of the technology, there are programs that stand out, despite the great quantity and quality of the competition. Microsoft Publisher is one of them, and here you will learn interesting things about this important program.
What is Publisher?
The year 1991 passed and Microsoft wanted to take another step towards its imminent growth in the technology industry. The launches of Microsoft Word (1981) and Microsoft Excel (1983) had been a huge success. Something different was needed, and it was not long in coming.
Microsoft Publisher, a basic application for creation and editing of documents such as brochures, catalogs, calendars, brochures, newsletters, among others, it has been a great help for the advertising area, and, although at present it can be considered as too basic a program, it has enough tools to get you out of any trouble.
This program, which has come to stay in the Microsoft Office package, has a series of interesting tools that will help you create and design engaging content thanks to the flexibility it presents when combining graphic and textual elements.
Within the Publisher interface, you will find a large number of templates to carry out the creation of your preference. Similarly, on the web, you can create and download designed templates by other users and supplement them with the information you need.
If, in this case, what you need is to create or edit a design whose destination is a poster or banner, Publisher has the tools to materialize these types of designs. To create a poster, you just have to follow the following steps:
- Create a new document in Publisher.
- When you are in the main window of the program, you will see two tabs: “Featured” and “Integrated”.
- Click on the tab “Integrated”.
- Scroll through the options menu displayed by Publisher until you locate the “Banners”.
- From there, you will have a considerable number of templates to choose from.
- Later, you can choose blank documents and start making your own design for the poster or banner.
Can I print a poster on multiple pages?
Now, one of the big headaches that people who carry out this type of work face is having the necessary equipment for printing, due, of course, to its size.
However, and to the relief of many people, there are other ways. Is it possible to print a poster on multiple pages? Yes! And although at first it may seem like a titanic task, with Publisher you can find ways to make this something much more bearable.
Step by Step: Print Poster on Multiple Pages with Publisher
At this point, it only remains for you to follow each and every one of the instructions that will be shown below. Probably for you, it will be a surprise to realize how easy it is to carry out this procedure thanks to the tools that Publisher puts at your disposal.
- With your poster or banner design ready, it’s time to print a large design on multiple pages. To do this, you will have to click on the tab “File” and then click on the section “To print” or by means of the command Ctrl + P.
- In this section, you will see the design of the banner in its entirety. However, you will make use of Publisher’s printing tools.
- Within the configuration section, you will see a box with the default option “One page on each sheet.”
- Click on that box and proceed to replace it with the option “Mosaic”.
- Then, it will show how your design would be printed on several pages.
- It only remains to configure everything concerning the type of page on which you are going to print.
Put it into practice!
That’s how easy it is to use Publisher to get your poster printed on multiple pages. Let your imagination soar and stand out from the crowd with the most impressive designs. Carrying it out is extremely simple and dynamic, so what do you hope to test it?