Are you working and have you run out of ink to print? In general, black ink is one of the most used when making documents, so it is essential. Now if you need print a text document without having black ink in the cartridge, we tell you how to do it. In case you have a computer like the chromebook, here we show you how to print from it.
Find out how to print a text document without having black ink in the cartridge
First of all, you need to be aware of what type of printer you use. Since some specific models do not allow you to print any document if a cartridge is missing in the printer. Even if black ink is available but some color is missing, it is not possible to print in black ink alone. For this reason, the following temporary option that it will supply may not be valid for your printer.
Keep in mind that perhaps it is not due to lack of ink, but a printer system error, for example it throws us the message that indicates that it has no ink, if you have an Epson printer, you can take a look at our review to remove this message.
Once you determine if your printer is capable of printing without a cartridge, then you can apply the following trick. If what you want is to print a text document without having black ink in the cartridge, follow these steps:
- It ends in its entirety on text document you want to print and save it on the computer where you are going to print.
- Select all the text in the document that you need to print. You can do it using the keyboard with the Ctrl and E keys, simultaneously. You can also do it with the mouse moving the cursor through all the text.
- Then right click on the selected text. You will see a box appear with various text configuration options. In the font color option, change the black color to dark blue or dark brown. When printing, these colors will be very similar to black ink.
- Save all changes made and proceeds to print the text document.
On the other hand, if you try to print documents with a mobile phone, you can do the steps similar but a little different, so that there are no losses, we made a step-by-step tutorial for you.
Other alternatives for printing without ink
In case the black ink in the cartridge runs out while printing a document, there are a few alternatives. Which will allow you solve the printing emergency a document. If this is the case, follow these recommendations:
- Open the printer door where the cartridge is located.
- Take the black ink cartridge out of the printer and tap lightly with your hand. This will allow the rest of the ink adhering to the cartridge surfaces to settle on the base. Which would give you enough ink to print a few more pages.
- You should be cautious when doing this, as the ink can jump to the sides and could stain you.
- Put the cartridge back in the printer, making sure to do it correctly. Try printing the text document again.
Now if your printer allows you to print without a cartridge. By removing the black cartridge you can try to print the document. You only need to configure the black and white print, instead of color. In doing so, the printer will use the dark tones of the color cartridges. To verify this setting, you can print a test sheet.
Printers generally have a warning system. In which you can check the status of each cartridge. The recommendation is that you pay attention to these notifications, this way you will avoid that it fails during a print. Remember that these suggestions depend on the type of printer you have, since some do not allow you to print if a cartridge is missing.
We hope the article is helpful and you manage to print a text document without having black ink in the cartridge. Remember that you must also perform frequent maintenance to your printer to ensure its proper functioning. Visit us again to find practical information like this.