If you have heard of an app called Cloud Print but are not sure how it works, then you have reached the right post. We will tell you in detail the entire process that you must carry out to print from an Android device using Cloud Print. At once we anticipate that it is a very simple process and it will not take much time. Let’s do it!
Currently there are a lot of applications that allow us to print a file, email or image from Android. However, in this post we will focus on Cloud Print, because it is one of the most popular.
Without a doubt, this Google app is very useful, since we allows you to select documents to print remotely. In this way we can save a lot of time when printing documents and we can also do it without having to be near the printer. Later we will talk about how this app works.
In fact, it not only serves to print documents from Android, but we can also configure and add a printer to Google Cloud Print in Windows 10 to print files from our PC.
Steps to follow to print from my Android to the printer using Cloud Print
Next in this new section we will talk to you in great detail about everything you need to know to learn to print from an Android device using Cloud Print Keep reading!
- To get started, the first thing you should do is open the Google Chrome web browser
- Next, in a new tab you have to write “chrome: // devices”, specifically in the search bar.
- Immediately afterwards we will see that a list appears with the devices that are registered in the Google Cloud Print function.
- Then, a message will appear confirming that Google Cloud Print is available for your use.
- In case you want to go deeper into this step, you must click on the option “Manage printers”
- At this point we will have our printer associated with the Google account and therefore with Google Print. This can be verified by just entering the “tab.Device management“.
- Now, you have to go to the Google Play Store to download the official Google Print app.
- After the download and installation process of this app has finished, proceed to open it and select the file you want to print. Then press the option “To print“
- Next, a new window will open in which you can choose a large number of options regarding the file you want to print. Among them we have: the number of copies and pages to print, the paper size and you can also select which printer you want to use.
- Thanks to this app you can print files from the Google Chrome browser. Actually the process is quite simple and it will also take us no more than 5 minutes to complete the process.
Advantages and disadvantages of printing from Android with Cloud Print
Now, in this part of the post we have taken the task of collecting both the benefits and the disadvantages that exist when it comes to print from an Android device using Cloud Print.
We simply invite you to read carefully so that you can have an idea of how fruitful or not the fact of print documents to distance from your Android.
One of the main advantages of this app for Android is that we do not need to download any type of drivers to be able to print documents from the comfort of our device.
Also, this app is compatible with a large number of printers. Such as Hp, Kodak, Epson, Canon printers and other world-renowned brands.
On the other hand, an obvious advantage is that thanks to this Google app we will have the option to remotely print a large number of documents. Therefore, it will not be necessary to be connected to the printer that we are going to use.
Regarding the negative aspects of Cloud Print, We must emphasize that when a jam occurs in the printer that we are going to use, we will not be able to solve it remotely. In this case we will have to go to the site where the device is to be able to solve the problem and continue with the printing process.
On the other hand, if you are going to print a document from your mobile or tablet then you will not be able to forward or share the document. You can only save it if you use the Google Drive option.
Another downside is that this app is only available for Android devices. That is why if you are an Apple user and want to print documents wirelessly from an iPhone, you will have to use another app.
We are done for today! If this information has been useful to you, please do not forget to share it with all your friends and family.