Having a busy lifestyle is a real torment if you don’t try to have an orderly schedule, and the main key to being able to lead an orderly lifestyle is have a calendar, which helps you stay in order and up to date with all your obligations.
One of the most famous applications for this job is iCal or the Apple Calendar, which provides you with a wonderful number of tools with which you can have all the events and daily tasks in one place, so as not to lose sight of it, to the point of being able to configure alarms for them.
However, it is important that first of all, keep a backup, with which you can back up all your information and thus restore it when necessary.
However, if you are an old user of this platform, you will know that ‘Time machine‘ from Manzana, It will help you create a backup of the calendars, but nevertheless, being able to restore it is only possible from a backup, which is not a simple procedure, since although you can synchronize your calendar with Dropbox, this it won’t help you much.
However, there are much simpler and easier to use methods that vary depending on the operating system or version of Mac Os that you are using, which we want to explain to you in this tutorial, which will be very useful for you.
Backup with OS X Mountain Lion
- Starts with start the ‘Calendar’, which you can easily find thanks to the Finder or failing that, browsing through the applications.
- Once inside it, you only have to enter the menu and after that, enter the file, which, once opened, you must proceed to select the ‘Export calendar file’ button.
- You will see that a dialog box appears, in which you must ‘Keep’ with a specific name the file
- If you place yourself on the disclosure triangle that is next to the ‘Save’ field you will see that in a much simpler way, you will be able to navigate to any part of your Mac device, in order to be able to store the iCal file.
- Once you have selected a destination and with it the place where you are going to store said item, just press the “Save” button and everything will be more than ready.
Creating the backup with OS X 10.4
Start by opening the iCal application, as we have mentioned in the above and proceed to click, within the ‘Files’ menu in which you must proceed to select the folder’Backup of the database’. You will see that a dialog box will open, in which you must enter the name you want in order to create a compressed file that you can easily open with your compressed file reader.
If what you are looking for is to navigate in a much more comfortable way through the panel, you should only proceed to use the disclosure triangle, which is located next to the ‘Save’ field with which you can navigate anywhere on your device, and with it, store the file much more simply, Now, you must proceed to select said destination and then click on the save button.
How to restore the calendar with OS X Mountain Lion?
- Start by accessing the application of Calendar inside your Mac, and after that, enter the menu and after that, click on the ‘File’, where you will select the ‘Import’ option.
- Inside the dialog box, you will see that will open a menu, in which you must navigate to the Calendar file that you want to import.
- Once you have selected said file click on the ‘Import’ button and you will see that a sheet will appear that will warn you about the actions of this file and its functions
- If you do not want to continue, you just have to click on the ‘cancel’ option and with that, the restoration will not be done. If, on the other hand, what you are looking for is to import the data, as we have been doing, just press the button ‘Restore‘.