In today’s article we will talk about How to protect your PC from viruses when you telecommute? viewing some helpful tips and measures. First of all, we must have a little contextualization on the subject that we will talk about next. Over the years and the advancement of technology, various aspects have changed making work environments change.
Innovation has made communication around the planet easier, working to make a virtual meeting the closest thing to a real one. From these aspects, teleworking is born, which consists of the work activity carried out with the use of a computer and in a space far from the main offices. This modality brings advantages, although it requires greater concentration to be more productive in teleworking.
On the other hand, to carry out these works it is very important to have certain resources previously. Some of these resources are an electronic device with which to develop our work, quality and constant connectivity to the Internet, electricity and communication through a cell phone or an online messaging service. Everyone these elements promote effective teleworking.
You may also be interested in:
By working so long using a computer we must take care of it as much as we can, since it is our only way of working. However, electronic devices are never exempt from being infected with a virus or malware. That is why today we will see some tips to protect your PC when you telecommute, greatly reducing the risk of malware damaging your device.
How to protect my PC from viruses when I telecommute?
When using our computer, we can perform various actions with which to protect ourselves from viruses when we work. Next, we will talk about some that we have to do yes or yes.
- First of all, we must try not to accept or download unknown files. The most common way that viruses infect a computer is through the use of spam emails that contain infected files. These emails can become very credible, causing us to fall for them. We can protect our emails by encrypting them.
- Updating all our software is another measure that we have to take, thanks to the fact that over time each application improves its functionality and this is reflected in updates, which solve some security problems by implementing new measuress. If we have our software out of date we will be missing out on the improved protection that is offered to us.
- Finally, another protection measure is the use of an anti-malware or anti-virus. These softwares help us protect our devices from all kinds of viruses, both on the network and stored on our computer. With this we will prevent the entry of viruses and we will eliminate those that manage to pass or are on our computer.
These are some of the tips we give you, with each one the possibility of being infected with a virus or malware is significantly reduced. However, in the last point we talked about the use of anti-virus to protect our pc, but there is a problem, that on the internet there are a large number of these, meaning a great investment of time to find the best of all. That’s why we will briefly look at some of the best below.
What are the best anti-viruses to protect my PC while I telecommute?
To finish complementing the protection of our PC we must use a good anti-virus. We will show you some of the best options that currently exist.
- Norton 360: This anti-virus is always present among the best, being highly efficient for the elimination of all types of viruses or malware, also reinforcing our privacy.
- McAfee Total Protection: With a great compatibility between operating systems and electronic devicesWe have McAfee Total Protection, giving a practical management of our protection, even managing the passwords we have, providing us with some difficult to violate.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: