The design and images, layout and other types of digital content took a total turn with the appearance of organizations such as Adobe, who have offered for many years, a wide range of tools that allow visualization, photo creation and editing, books, animation, and much more.
If there is one organization that could shake the biggest names in digital content design and creation, it would undoubtedly be Corel. After Adobe was founded in 1982, the Corel organization emerged in 1985 in Canada.
This software developer did not stay in the design part, but also carried out the creation of programs that could also deal with those that make up the Microsoft Office suite, launching in 2009 the Corel HOME OFFICE package, consisting of CorelWRITE, CorelCALCULATE, and CorelSHOW.
CorelDRAW and its most popular design tool
Despite all the advances it has made, the program that has placed it on a par with the most important developers is, without a doubt, CorelDRAW.
This application is designed to meet the needs of its users in terms of layout, drawing, printing and web publishing.
Most Relevant CorelDRAW Features
Like any other program, as technology allowed the design of new and potentially useful tools, Corel perfected the interface of CorelDRAW, to turn it into one of the most complete on the market. Among the most relevant functions are:
- The addition of color palettes in 1999.
- The possibility of publishing as PDF in 2000.
- The creation of objects by means of the symbol tool in 2002.
- Conversion of bitmaps to vector graphics in 2007, thanks to the inclusion of the vectorization engine.
Tool of the day
It has not been included in the list above, but it is still interesting and useful when designing. In this opportunity, you will be able to explore the way the shading option on objects.
This feature included in CorelDRAW from its eighth version in 1998, along with the multi-file import function and the Zipper and Whirlwind tools, which allow distorting images.
How to use shading
This tool will allow you to simulate the effect of light on the objects or texts that are in your design. This shading can be applied from several perspectives:
In order to use this function, you must locate the ribbon located on the left side of your screen, where you will get the button that will allow you to start this tool.
The moment you select the shader tool, you can click on the object, so that it is selected.
- You can hold down the left click on the object and drag the indicated one to the area where you want to set the shading.
- At the top left of your screen, you will find a presets button. By clicking on it, a menu with the different types of shadow will be displayed, choosing the one of your preference.
Depending on the location that you give to the effect, some buttons for the configuration of the tool will be enabled and disabled.
- If the effect has been applied in a centered way, the buttons that allow you to determine the distance between the object and shadow.
- Placing the shadow below the object will enable the options necessary to determine the Inclination angle and lengthening the length of the shadow.
- Another shadow fade option that will apply a shadow vanishing object depending on the length.
So that the shade is even better Regarding the object you use for your design, CorelDRAW offers another series of functions that will allow you to customize this effect. In this sense, you will be able to:
- Determine the opacity of the shadow.
- Soften or fade the edges of the shadow.
- Using the Fade Direction option, you can select from which area the effect can be fading.
- Change the color of the shading.
- Apply shadow and silhouette effects to texts.