If you want to have gadgets from old versions of the operating system again Windows on modern OS, you should read our tutorial on How to recover desktop gadgets in Windows 10 and 8? – Fast and easy.
If you prefer the look of older versions of Windows, there are many options. For example, it is possible to put the Windows 7 start menu in Windows 10 and many other interesting modifications, in fact also Windows 8 gadgets can be enabled again.
The use of gadgets can greatly enhance the appearance from your desktop in Windows 8 or Windows 10. In the same way, these applications can be very useful in certain circumstances, at least to easily access information such as the weather or notes.
What are Windows gadgets?
You may also be interested in:
When Windows Vista came out, there were many mixed feelings about the operating system. On the one hand, many complained about their performance and its failures, but on the other hand the visual section was very polished.
Among the extra functions and aesthetic aspects, there were gadgets, which represented a set of extra applications that were displayed on the desktop. Some of the most relevant gadgets at that time, they were the analog clock or the weather forecast, although there were a few other options.
In any case, with the passage of time gadgets became part of the past and in more modern versions of Windows the functionality was completely discarded. Even so, there are some tools that will allow us to use these gadgets and many others allow us to make the taskbar transparent in Windows.
How to recover desktop gadgets in Windows 10 and 8? – Fast and easy
To get back to the classic gadgets in operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10, it will be necessary to download an application developed by a third party, we refer to 8GadgetPack.
- The first thing to do is head over to the official website of the 8GadgetPack application, where you can actually download this useful program. The official page of the program is the following 8gadgetpack.
- At the top right of the screen you will find the option «Download» (to download). To start downloading the file, click on this button, the application weighs less than 30 MB, so it should be a very fast download.
- Once the file has downloaded, it is time to install. The installation process is very simple, you just have to run the application that was downloaded earlier.
- The software installation menu will appear on the screen, click on «Install». It is very possible that the system sends you a confirmation to make changes to the equipment, click on «Yes».
- Continue with the installation process as normal, once you have finished click on the option Finish.
- When the installation is complete, you will notice that three basic gadgets will be displayed. We talked about the clock, the space for notes and the weather forecast. In any case, in the upper right part of the screen where the clock appears, there is a small + symbol.
- Pressing on this plus symbol (+), it is possible to access the rest of the options provided by the application, in which you will see five extra gadgets. Select all those that you want to include on your screen, you can organize them as you wish.
- Similarly, if you browse through the application options, you will notice that you have many possibilities, here you can configure each of the gadgets very efficiently.
Using the software provided previously, you can once again have such attractive gadgets from operating systems such as Windows Vista. As you will see, it is a very simple process that can be done in a few minutes without major inconveniences.
In addition to the above, it is also very easy to change the appearance of Windows 10 to Windows 7. Something worth mentioning that many prefer the appearance of the Windows 7 operating system.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: