With the following guide learn to how to slow down or slow down MP3 audio with Audacity, a process that we will teach you step by step and you will also learn about the two modes present within this popular audio editing program.
Audacity is a fairly complete audio editing program, it is also completely free, which is why it is one of the main recommendations for anyone who wants to start in the world of audio. audio editing.
It is certainly a tool that both newbies and professionals can use. From compressing MP3 audio to changing the bitrate, Audacity has a multitude of useful options for different circumstances.
You may also be interested in:
With Audacity can change key, clean noises in your recording and even change the playback speed of your track, before this if you want to make a change of these characteristics, we recommend reading the following guide.
How to slow down or slow down MP3 audio with Audacity
It presents multiple options with which we can modify the audio, among them it also includes the playback speed. Given this, the program presents us with two modes, one of them does not change the tonality of the audio, while the other does have an effect in this section, read the following information carefully to apply the speed change with the Audacity program.
The option to change rhythm is one of the most recommended, since will not change the pitch of the audio, intervening only in the speed of the song. This is especially useful if you want to hear the recording as it should sound in terms of key.
In the same way, applying this effect to the audio is quite easy, to do it correctly you just have to download the latest version of Audacity and read the following guide carefully.
Change rhythm in Audacity
- Open the Audacity application and import the audio file you want to edit.
- Depending on whether you want to change a specific part of the audio or the audio in its entirety, make the selection, in case you want to edit only one part, select it, and if instead you want to avoid the entire audio, double click on the track or press the combination of Ctrl + A keys.
- Once the fragment or audio you want to edit is selected, go to the «Effect» section.
- From this position you should go to «Change rhythm …», click on this option.
- At the top of the screen the percentage of change will be shown, you can change it by sliding the bar. Make the change based on what you are looking for.
- Note that the bottom will show the total seconds the track will change to, so if you have a 30 second track and you want it to play at half speed, the time should be 60 seconds.
- When making the changes, click on accept and wait for the change to be applied.
The speed change option is one of the most common when making a track play faster or slower. In any case, you must bear in mind that when using this option the tone will also be changed, so the original sound of the track will be affected, becoming lower if the speed is slower or higher if it is faster.
As we pointed out before, this option the sound will change, but many users prefer it that way. To apply this configuration follow the steps below:
- Open Audacity and import the track you want to edit.
- Select the entire audio or segment to be changed.
- Go to the «Effect» section and locate the option «Change speed.»
- Change the speed by sliding the bar. You will see at the bottom the original duration of the track and the new duration, that is, the one that will be shown after making the change.
- Once you have done the operation, press the «OK» option and finally, you can export the MP3 audio to use it on other devices.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: