Social media can have a positive effect if used properly, but if you are not careful with it, it can lead to addiction. If that is your case or that of an acquaintance, this tutorial will explain how to remove, overcome and prevent addiction to social networks-Tips and solutions.
- The first thing you look at when you get up and the last thing you see when you sleep are your social networks.
- People addicted to social networks prefer to be connected to their networks instead of interacting with other people.
- Feel anxiety when they are not connected to their networks, and this increases when there is no connection or there is no battery.
- Sleep disorder because you sleep less hours.
- The important things are left in the background.
- Can’t stop looking at the cell phone while driving, walking, showering, or talking to friends or family.
- Low performance at school or at work.
- In extreme cases, depression and low self-esteem.
- He spends most of the day using social media, to the point of stopping eating, bathing, or sleeping.
Social media addiction is similar to addictions to tobacco, drugs, and alcohol in that transform behavior and behavior of the person; even many people have to seek the help of professionals to overcome their problem, since many end up suffering from depression, low self-esteem or feel losers when comparing their lifestyle with that of their followers or friends. These are some tips that people addicted to social networks can put into practice.
- The most important thing in an addition is acknowledge that you have a problem.
- Never completely eliminate the use of social networks because it will be more difficult to leave them; rather fill the time with outdoor activities such as going to the beach, camping, the park, movies, do exercises. Avoid carrying your mobile for such activities!
- Turn off your mobile when you go to sleep or do other activities.
- Expand your circle of friends, but avoid people who are addicted to social networks.
- Regulate the time you spend connectedYou do this by setting a schedule and sticking to it even if it is difficult.
- Configure your networks so that you do not receive notifications. It is very easy to disable notifications from Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and Facebook Lite
- Think in advance what you can do if you feel the urge to enter your social networks; It is important develop a lot of self-control.
- Reduce the number of followers, friends or accounts to avoid having to view many publications.
- Evaluate yourself honestly and think about whether these networks provide you with valuable knowledge for your values, goals and learning.
- Once a week, establish not to use any social network.
- You write motivational phrases that you can read whenever you feel the urge to access your networks.
- Seek professional support.
- It is important set schedules to use social networks, but you have to be firm to comply with the established schedule.
- Never put a social network like homepage on your PC or smartphone.
- Set priorities.
- Use those social networks that are really necessary, do not open accounts in all the networks that exist. What are the most used social networks?
- Make it a goal not to access any of your networks one day a week.
- Turn off the phone before going to sleep and avoid visualizing it as soon as you get up.
- Parents should lead by example to their children so that they are not addicted to technology.
- Do group and outdoor activities, without having the mobile nearby.
- Avoid following too many people or accepting too many invitations because the more people you follow, the more time you will spend viewing posts.
You may also be interested in:
Do not be a puppet of your social networks, be the owner of your mobile, PC, social networks, time and life; remember that social networks are beneficial, but at the same time they contain many dangers that you can avoid using social networks correctly. Don’t let social media steal the best moments of your life!
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: