The Apple ID is the personal account that you use to access all the apple services, for example access iCloud, Apple Store or Music; Therefore, you may feel distressed or worried that you do not remember your ID password.
But do not worry, it has happened to all of us and it is very easy to reset that password. If you have already created an Apple ID account, in this article you will learn how to How do I reset or change my Apple ID account password? Very easy.
How do I reset my Apple ID account password?
This method to reset the password is applicable on all Apple computers (Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod)
- Sign in to your Apple ID account.
- Click on the option that says Forgot your Apple ID or password?
- Immediately a new page will open where you will see this question Do you have problems logging in? Below is a box that asks you to enter your Apple ID, write your ID and click the button «Continue».
- Now you must choose between three methods in order to reset your password: «Answer security questions» (this is the fastest way to reset your password, but you must remember the answer you entered when creating your ID), «Email Authentication» or «Two-Step Verification «.
- After selecting the method, click «Next».
You may also be interested in:
Remember that your ID is the email you registered as the primary when you created your Apple account.
- If you choose the «Email» option, Apple will send you an email to the primary or ransom email address you registered when you created your account.
- You will know that Apple has sent you the email; because the green check icon will appear next to the phrase «Email sent».
- Open your mail and find the message sent by Apple. If you do not see the mail in the Inbox or Spam repeat the process.
- Open the email and click on it link that appears there.
- The my Apple ID page will open, enter the new password and click «Reset password».
Remember that, in case you have forgotten your password, you have the option of being able to reset it through a few simple steps.
Answer security questions
- Check your date of birth and click «Next».
- Enter the three answers to the security question and click «Next».
- Set your New Password.
- When you have reset your password, log in again and update the new password on all your Apple devices.
To use this method, you need to remember the recovery key (that’s the key you got when you enabled two-step verification) and have the device close by.
- Enter your recovery key, the one you got when you enabled 2-Step Verification and click «Next.»
- You will receive a code on your device of trust, enter this code in the corresponding box.
- Set a new password.
After resetting your password no matter what method you used you must log in using the new password; You must also set the new password on the other Apple devices.
How do I change the password for my Apple ID account?
- Log in in your account.
- If you set up the two-step verification system, enter the code you received on your mobile.
- Once inside your account, look for the «Security» section and select «Change Password».
- To change the password you must enter the current password and the new password which must contain 8 characters, uppercase and lowercase letters, even numbers.
- To change the password, click on «Change Password».
- On your device open the option «Settings».
- Click on the Apple ID section in that section you will see your username.
- In the new window select «Password and security».
- Another window will open where you must click on «Change Password».
- If you have two-step verification active, you must enter the code you received on your mobile.
- Enter your current password and the new password that must contain 8 digits, uppercase letters, lowercase letters and numbers.
- In the upper right corner tap «Change».
Changing or resetting your Apple ID is very simple, follow the steps above so that you continue to enjoy all the tools that Apple has made available to its users.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: