If you want to sell your device or want to give it to someone else, you should know How to reset or restore my iPhone, iPad, iPod to factory settings with or without iTunes? Something that we will teach you here in a very simple and concise way.
How to reset or restore my iPhone, iPad, iPod to factory settings with or without iTunes?
Restoring our phones to factory settings can be very timely in different circumstances, especially if you are going to give your phone to someone else, either as a sale or as a gift. Clearly the best thing this time would be to erase all your personal data, handing over the device as if it were a new mobile.
If so, if you want to sell your phone or give it to someone else, first we recommend making a backup of your iPhone in order to back up all your information and then restore the Backup data in iTunes and have all that information saved in one place safe.
You may also be interested in:
Finally, there are several methods to perform the restoration, one of them is done through the device itself, that is, using the configuration options without any external agent. The other can be done using the iTunes application.
Restore my iPhone, iPad, iPod to factory settings without iTunes
Before starting this process it is very important that you have your device fully charged and if possible connected to a power source, once you make sure of this you can perform the restoration.
- The process is very simple, you just have to go to the configuration options of your iPhone or iPad or iPod device. You can access these configuration options by clicking on the «Settings» button.
- All the configuration options available for your device will be displayed, this time you must locate the one called «General».
- In this section you should find the option «Restore». As you can see, we have a few options with which we can restore certain aspects of our iOS devices.
- In any case, as this time the intention is to erase or restore the device to its original (factory) state, the only option that should interest us is that of the name «Delete contents and settings «.
- A space will appear on the screen of your device in which you must enter your password, something necessary to continue with the process.
- Once you enter the password for your mobile or Apple device, a warning will appear on the screen indicating that all data and content will be erased, finally restoring your device to its factory state. Now you just have to select the option «Erase iPhone».
The Apple logo will be displayed, and a progress bar, this process could take a few minutes, wait until it completes. Once finished, the device will reboot and have factory settings.
Restore my iPhone, iPad, iPod with iTunes
Another way you can restore your device to factory settings, is using the iTunes application. This process is also very simple, just follow these steps:
- Before starting it is necessary that you have the iTunes application installed, you can access it from Apple Itunes Official Site.
- The first thing is to open the iTunes application, in the same way once the App is open, connect your Apple device (iPhone, iPad, iPod).
- In the event that “trust the computer” appears on the screen of your device, just click on the option «Trust».
- Several sections will be displayed on the application screen, one of the tabs is «Summary», you must click on it.
- In the same way, when doing this a new menu will appear, which presents two options «Update» and «Restore iPhone», this time the option that interests us is «Restore iPhone», therefore click on that option.
- A warning will appear on the screen stating that the device data will be erased, you just have to click on the «Restore and update» option. Now on «Next» and finally on the option «To accept» for the process to begin.
You must wait, it should be noted that also when performing this process the device will be updated to the latest available version of the operating system. When the process is finished, the device will restart and you will have your mobile with the factory settings.
At this point it would also be convenient to update the iPhone applications with iTunes, since in this way the device will be left as new and in perfect operating condition.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: