On Instagram you can find daily a large number of photos and videos with interesting and fun content; but at the end of the day these publications usually consume a large part of the mobile data of our cell phone. If this has happened to you, don’t worry, Instagram has an option that allows you to save mobile data; in this tutorial we will explain how to save and reduce the cost of data on Instagram.
How much mobile data is consumed on Instagram?
Viewing about 30 photos on the Instagram feed means spending about 15MB; but the reality is that when we use Instagram we view more than 30 photos, even some users are able to view up to 120 photos, if this is your case you would be spending 60 MB, not counting the high consumption generated by the videos.
You may also be interested in:
The stories and the direct ones they are the ones that generate the most data consumption; for example, according to ProAndroid, Stories that contain about 3 videos consume approximately 11 MB and direct ones consume 10 MB per minute; If you do a live for 15 minutes you will spend about 150 MB.
Steps to save and reduce the cost of mobile data on Instagram:
- Enter the application and log in. If you have problems or forgot your password, you might be interested in knowing how to recover it very easily.
- Once inside the main page, go to the lower right corner and click on the photo of your profile.
- In your profile you must go to the upper right corner and click on the three horizontal stripes.
- When a menu is displayed you must select the option «Setting» which is at the bottom.
- In the new menu, click on the option «Bill» that has the icon of a bust.
- In the «Account» section you will find several options, search and select «Use of cell phone data».
- You will immediately see two options on your cell phone screen that will allow you to use less data; The first option «Data saving» (on iPhone «Use less data») allows Instagram videos not to load automatically to use less data. Activate this function by moving the switch to the right, you will notice that this option is active when the switch automatically turns blue.
- The second option «High-resolution media files» allows you to choose when the files should be played in high resolution, for this you have three options «Never» Instagram will not show you videos and images in high resolution, «Only WiFi» the high resolution content will only appear when you connect to WiFi or «Cellular data + WiFi».
With these steps, Instagram gives its users the opportunity to save mobile data by preventing images and videos from loading in high resolution. But you should keep in mind that by activating these options the experience when using Instagram with mobile data will be different because the photos and videos will be uploaded in a lower quality.
Tips to save mobile data when using Instagram:
- View the stories and videos only when you are connected to a WiFi network, even upload any content to your Instagram account when you are connected to WiFi.
- If you need to upload photos and videos with the mobile data, lower the quality and weight to the maximum that way you won’t have to spend too much mobile data. By using the original resolution you will have to spend a lot of mobile data.
- If you want to view the publications of a specific user directly search your profile; never look for its content among the posts of the users you follow, because you will be consuming mobile data unnecessarily.
- For many users who do not have access to a WiFi network, it is practical to upload content from the PC, even browse from its web version and view the stories of other users from it.
- Use the phone’s browser to check Instagram stories, that is, instead of opening your profile from the application, access Instagram using the browser. Surely you ask yourself, what is the difference, if I am still using mobile data ?; when you open instagram Stories are not played automatically from the browser, as if it happens in the application, rather you can click on the stories that interest you and ignore those that are not of your interest.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: