Do you want to share files on Google Drive? Without a doubt, the Google Drive tool is one of the best for sharing documents over the Internet. You can even view and access Google Drive files without an internet connection. Therefore, we recommend that you read the following information about How to put an expiration date on shared files in Google Drive?
Set a deadline or due date expiration for files that you share over the Internet is a good way to protect our information, since after this time no one will be able to access these files. For this reason we have prepared a guide in which we will show you how this procedure is with the Google Drive platform.
Currently there are many platforms with which share files and Google Drive It is one of the most important. Without a doubt, it stands out thanks to its functions and great ease of use, so anyone can use it without major inconveniences.
Sharing documents with Google Drive is quite easy. You can even transfer files to another account if you wish. In addition, the platform provides us with a 15 GB free space, in the case of being free users, a figure that can be increased by paying a monthly fee.
Either way, having files on the Internet and sharing them has its drawbacks, so it is best to take certain precautions before taking this action. Without a doubt, one of the best options is to create links with an expiration date.
A link with expiration date, causes that after a while the link the file is deleted, in this way no one else will be able to access the shared link. This function is present within Google Drive and can be applied for users who are affiliated with Google Suite.
Set an expiration date for files shared with Google Drive it is very useful in the event that you do not want it to remain perpetually on the Internet. This function is available to some users of the Google platform and you can use it as follows.
- First of all, you need to log into Google Drive. Once you have uploaded a file to Google Drive, you can use the expiration feature. To do this, first locate the file you want to share with a deadline.
- Right-click on the file you want to share, and click on the option “Share”.
- The sharing options will be displayed on the screen, here you must select those people or groups with whom you want to share the file.
- The button should appear at the bottom right of the screen. “Advanced”, with which we can make multiple configurations related to the link we share.
- Also at the bottom and to the right you will find a small icon in the shape of a clock, this is where you must press in case you want to give a specific time to the links.
- By default, the application provides a 30 day time, Either way, you can modify it to your liking.
- Once you have finished with the configuration, you just have to click on the save changes option and in this way the shared links will have an expiration date.
As we pointed out before, you must bear in mind that the only way to provide a limit or expiration time to shared links and files is having your own domain with Google SuiteTherefore, users with normal accounts within the Gmail platform cannot access these configuration options in most cases.
If you are a user of this platform, then you can share files with an expiration date in Google Drive without major inconveniences. On the other hand, if you no longer want to handle this option, you can stop sharing your files in Google Drive so that no one else can access them.