Most likely, you have heard of a platform called Twitch, which mainly is aimed at video game lovers. Well, here in this article we teach you about what it is, how it works and how to configure your channel on Twitch from scratch.
What is Twitch?
Twitch is a streaming platform that encompasses a global society similar to a social network such as YouTube or Instagram. This provides scope to anyone so that they can broadcast the games live with the aim of attracting followers online.
With this platform people can interact with each other through chat, at the same time being able to share opinions on the transmission. Here we show you how to create a Twitch account with a few simple steps that will not be difficult to execute.
How to create an account on Twitch?
Creating an account on Twitch is pretty straightforward, follow the steps below to have your own space on Twitch.
- Go to the official Twitch page.
- Click on the top left where the word “Register” appears.
- You must complete the spaces you have with your personal information such as name, password, date of birth and your email. It should be noted that you can change your username on Twitch whenever you want.
- An option you have for register is through “log in to Facebook” in the “Connect with Facebook” box.
How does Twitch work?
Once the account is created on Twitch, you must learn to use the functions of this platform for better performance.
You may also be interested in:
- Search on Twitch: if you are new to this platform you can explore and get someone to follow. The way to do this is by clicking on the “Explore” button, and this will take you to a list of the different types of games out there.
- Channel subscription: the channels to which you are subscribed appear here.
- Featured Stream: This section lists the most popular Twitch channels.
- Trophies: are the weekly rewards from Twitch.
- Notices: the platform sends notifications of any important change that is made in any channel.
- Get Bits: this system is responsible for giving rewards that you can access or buy.
- Materials, user and avatar: you can enter the features, tools and other settings such as the control panel in your account.
Where you can Install Twitch
This online platform allows you to download Twitch on the following devices, PCs, tablets and smart phones with different operating systems.
- You can use Twitch from the official website.
- You can use the platform through Android, you can even stream from your Android cell phone.
- You can download it from the App Store if you use iOS devices.
- Or download the version for computers.
How to broadcast on Twitch?
If you want broadcast on Twitch, follow the steps that we will show you below and you will achieve your goal.
- Download Open Broadcaster studio, this is a free software for streaming on the internet.
- Click on the File> Settings> Emission option.
- Select the type of Issuance you want in “Relay Service”.
- Choose the “Twitch” platform.
- On the server, choose the “Automatic” mode, specifically the recommended option.
- In the broadcast password, copy the broadcast key of your Twitch channel.
Configure Twitch from the control panel
We specifically explain how configure your channel from the control panel and thus start using your account and broadcasting live.
You may also be interested in:
- Broadcast content: in this section you can find the title of your broadcast and the notifications that are made live.
- Title: It has 140 characters to make an interesting title.
- Live broadcast reports: This notification will appear to your followers, so it is important to be creative to attract broadcasters.
- Class: here you select the type of game you want to transmit, in this case it must be organized, since you can lose viewers.
- Tags: Using tags are important as this keeps viewers on your chat.
- Language: this section allows you choose the language of your broadcast. You will only be able to broadcast in a single language.
We hope this post helps you start from scratch on Twitch, and even start making money as an affiliate, thus achieving success.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?