In the computer we find important parts for its operation, among them the keyboard fulfills the most important function since with it we can perform a diverse number of activities, such as write a document, enter website, make shortcuts on Windows and MacOs for some programs or insert commands, among other utilities. For a safe cleaning we must know its keyboard components and types in this way we make sure not to damage our keyboard.
For this reason, it is important to remember that you must carry an adequate cleaning in order to achieve a optimal performance and extend its useful life. For this, the first thing we must do is check the status or operation of our keyboard online.
With this article we will teach you the steps to perform a keyboard cleaning to completely remove dirt and apply it periodically as much as possible, especially if the computer is in a place of high traffic and thus achieve increase the response speed of the keyboard.
You may also be interested in:
Why should we keep the keyboard clean?
- A full wipe periodically it benefits us to help improve the appearance of our computer and also applying the correct cleaning can promote correct operation.
- It is recommended that use our computer keyboard, we must have clean hands and try to position the computer in a closed or low-traffic place to extend the frequency of cleaning.
- Keeping our keyboard clean and free of dust particles will help us to maintain and avoid damage to the keys in a short time.
- Dust particles manage to enter between the keys and damage their contacts, so it is always advisable to carry out a thorough cleaning.
How to thoroughly clean my computer keyboard to extend its useful life?
- Clean cloth.
- Small object to remove the keys quickly.
- Toothbrush or brush.
- Isopropyl alcohol.
Step by Step:
- To begin we must disassemble the keyboard with the help of our screwdriver, remember to disconnect the computer keyboard and thus be able to turn it over in order to remove each screw, it will take a few minutes, since the keyboards have several screws in their composition.
- When we remove all the screws we must proceed to remove the keyboard cover carefully so as not to disarm them inside.
- We must take the top part that we remove and we will take out piece by piece to be able to clean them with great care, remember that we must use a small and thin but resistant object that will allow us to remove the keys carefully and with great patience.
- When we remove the pieces we must take a toothbrush and soak it in isopropyl alcohol, in this way we will begin by cleaning the base of our keyboard to remove the dust that has been contained there.
- When we finish cleaning the cover of our keyboard we must begin with cleaning the lower part of it, keep in mind that this part is more delicate to handle.
- We raise the plastic cap that is on the inside of the keyboard and we will begin to clean it with the clean cloth, without using alcohol.
- With a screwdriver we must remove the card from the keyboard and place it on one side of our work table.
- Then we will remove the part of the keyboard contained in the bottom and we will also clean it with the help of the cloth.
- We will clean the bottom cover of the keyboard where it no longer contains the pieces with the cloth and there if we will add isopropyl alcohol to perform the cleaning.
- The keyboard card or circuit board we must clean it with the help of our toothbrush and a part of isopropyl alcohol, although if you wish you can use the brush without alcohol.
- When we finish cleaning each piece we must put it back together, this process must be done very carefully, so that the parts are installed correctly and be sure of its operation.
This process is recommended to be carried out every 60 to 90 days and always depending on how much dust our keyboard can receive.
You may also be interested in:
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?