Sure you will agree if it is time to update the iPhone but there is not enough storage this can become a real headache. Since we know that trying to fix this can be really frustrating if you don’t really know how to do it, we have prepared for you the valuable and instructive topic: How to update an iPhone if there is not enough space but you do have it.
How to update an iPhone if there is not enough space with iTunes and Finder
Update your iPhone with iTunes
With iTunes, the files for the update are they download to your computer, while only the necessary files remain on your iPhone, so you will not need storage on your mobile, saving you a real headache.
Now, to update an iPhone with iTunes from the PC, you will need to follow the following easy steps to be successful:
- First of all, make sure to download the latest version of the iTunes app, regardless of whether your computer is PC or Mac.
- Then, you must connect your iPhone mobile to the computer with the USB cable and wait for iTunes to detect it by itself, which may take a few seconds. If iTunes doesn’t open automatically, you must start iTunes yourself manually.
- Once inside the iTunes application, you must click on the iPhone icon, which is located below the playback controls of this program.
- When you do this, a window will open where you will notify you that there is an update to be done on your iPhone phone. If this message does not appear, you can go to the Summary tab and in this search and click on the option Check for updates.
- Finally, you must click on Download and update In the window that should appear, then the necessary download will begin to update the iPhone in a normal way, regardless of the storage available.
With macOS Catalina Finder
If you have a computer macOS Catalina, you will be able to update successfully your iPhone with the Finder tool, even if your mobile does not have enough space, following the steps given below.
First of all, you must make sure that you have the latest version of macOS Catalina on your computer for the process to go smoothly. Then, with your USB cable, connect your iPhone mobile to your mac and hope that it detects it properly.
Now you must open the Finder window, for this, you must press the symbols ⌘, ⌥ and the space bar simultaneously on your keyboard. Or you can also locate it in the upper menu bar, select Finder> File> New Finder Folder, then in the column on the left side of the screen, select your iPhone and then click on the Summary tab.
You may also be interested in:
Finally you search and select where the option to update your equipment comes out, you start the download and that will be it, your iPhone will be updated even if it lacks storage space.
What you can do before updating your iPhone
If what prevents you from updating your iPhone is lack of storage there is an obvious solution to this: delete everything you don’t need on your mobile.
For example, you can delete voice memos oldIt will surprise you to know that even if you delete the voice clips from your mobile, they are not deleted immediately. So many times and unknowingly, you can have a lot of old voice memos taking up space on your mobile. To delete them, you must access the option Phone> Voicemail and from there delete to free up space on your iPhone.
As with the issue of voice notes, it happens with the photos that you supposedly “deleted”, because these are not deleted at the moment, taking up space on your phone without you even realizing it.
Another good option is to delete applications that you are no longer using, since some are very heavy and take up space that you can use to update your iPhone. In the same way, video files that you no longer see or podcast that you no longer hear, you should delete them to make more space on your mobile.
You may also be interested in:
On the other hand, if you don’t want get rid of nothing at all, you can take advantage of the advantages of iCloud, to store your files, photos, videos, music and others, leaving your mobile storage free.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?