Keeping our computer updated is very important for it to work properly, that is why today we are going to show you how to update the my pc graphics card drivers? – Fast and easy.
It doesn’t matter if you have one Nvidia or AMD graphics card, the truth is that you must update the drivers constantly to obtain good performance. This is very simple and is something you should do from time to time to keep your team running at its full potential.
Note that the following tutorial is specifically designed for graphics cards, so if you want to update your entire computer, it is convenient that you know how to update the PC drivers in Windows. Without further ado, to update your graphics drivers read the following information.
Why update the graphics card drivers?
Having our graphics drivers updated is something very important, that many people do not take into account, but the truth is that it can be the difference between good performance and bad results.
The truth is that new games are constantly coming out and technology evolves in the same way, graphic card manufacturing companies take out from time to time driver updates, so downloading them is important to have stability and good performance in games and in the system.
If you have doubts regarding how to update the drivers, through the following guide we will guide you in this procedure.
You may also be interested in:
How do I update my PC’s graphics card drivers? – Fast and easy
There are currently two graphic card creators and although there may be many manufacturers, all graphic cards on the market are AMD or Nvidia. Both companies cover the totality of what we can find in video cards for our computers.
In the same way, it will be necessary download drivers or updates directly from the websites of each manufacturer. Given this, the first thing is to determine what is the graphics card that we have, in case you do not know it.
Keep in mind that there are different ways to update the drivers, in fact it is possible to update the drivers without programs in Windows 10, but before resorting to this type of method it is recommended to update manually as we will show you below.
How to know what graphics card I have
One of the best ways to find out which graphics card you have is using the Dxdiag tool. To enter Dxdiag, the first thing you should do is press the Windows + R key combination and type “Dxdiag” (without the quotes).
After doing the above, click on the Screen tab and there at the top, where it says device, you will find your graphics card information. Specifically in the Name section you will be able to know what your video card model is.
You may also be interested in:
Update AMD drivers
- Enter the official AMD page, here at the top of the screen you will see several available options.
- You must locate the section Drivers and support and click on it.
- A table will be displayed on the screen in which you must choose your graphics card, in the first section you must select Graphics and in the second box select the generation of your graph.
- Then select the last option, where the model of your graph should appear. Now press on Send.
- The page of AMD will direct you to the available drivers For your graphics card, select your Operating System and download the latest version of the software.
- Once it has been downloaded correctly, proceed to install and your drivers will be updated.
Update Nvidia drivers
Before starting it is recommended to uninstall the drivers for the Nvidia graphics card, to do a clean installation. To continue the process, read the following information carefully.
- Go to Nvidia Official Website.
- At the top of the screen you will find multiple options, click on Drivers and then on All Nvidia drivers.
- On the next screen, in the first Product Type tab, you must select the type of graphics you have; in Product series the generation of the same and so on.
- Fill in all the data according to your graphics card, your Operating System and your language and click on the Search option.
- The system will locate the necessary driver, click on the option Go down to successfully download said driver.
- Once you have downloaded the driver, you just have to proceed with the installation as normal to properly update your system.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?