Today we are going to see How to update to the latest OneDrive version in Windows 10 in a very simple and automatic way. So you never have to worry about updates to this powerful cloud storage service again. On the other hand, remember that you can try interesting actions such as copying files between Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive.
Cloud storage offers a host of benefits when it comes to storing all kinds of documents. Not only is it much safer than having important files stored on a pendrive or USB drive which can be damaged or lost.
But it also allows us to have access to them wherever we are, as long as we have an internet connection. But something that is fundamental is keep the application updated to the latest version, in order to have the greatest possible security.
Remember that apps are updated not only to add new functions. But also to improve their operation and security, fix bugs (errors) that they may have, among other things.
So next, you are going to see a simple but effective tutorial to quickly learn how to update OneDrive to the latest version available for Microsoft’s operating system in an extremely simple way and also how turn on automatic OneDrive updates so you don’t have to worry about them again.
You may also be interested in:
Update to the latest OneDrive version
Windows automatically takes care of updating OneDrive every time a new version is available. However, it can happen that you mistakenly block updates or downloads of a new version, so the ideal in these cases would be to learn how to download and install the latest version of OneDrive available.
- The first thing you are going to have to do is download OneDrive from this link.
- Then you must proceed to install it. Once you have it installed, simply click on “Beginning”Or the“Windows“On your physical keyboard and type”OneDrive”.
- A window opens where you will have to enter your data to log in. When you finish typing your username and password, simply click on “Log in”.
- In case you want OneDrive to always stay updated, all you have to do is go to “Microsoft Store” you can do it from the “Beginning“Writing the name of the store”Microsoft Store”.
- Now you are going to have to go to the top and click on the icon of the three horizontal dots and then on “Setting”.
- Next, you will have to look for the section “App updates“And activate the option”Update apps automatically. “
- In this simple way you can keep all OneDrive updates up to date without having to do anything at all.
Download the latest version of OneDrive
It is important that you keep the applications that you have installed in Windows updated. This is not just for functionality reasons and that new features are added on many occasions. But also for security reasons.
In the case of OneDrive we generally keep private documents, so security is one of the most important things that we must take into account. An application that is not updated to its latest version can become vulnerable and this puts your personal information at risk.
So the best option is to let Windows take care of keeping OneDrive updated automatically. This being all you need to know to update to the latest OneDrive version in Windows 10.
In case you want to learn a little more about Microsoft’s cloud storage, you can see our tutorials on freeing up space on OneDrive, making better use of your account.
You may also be interested in:
We’ve also talked on several occasions about disabling or uninstalling OneDrive from Windows 10 in case, for example, you prefer to use Google Drive, the internet giant’s cloud storage service.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?