- 1 What is needed to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 for free?
- 2 How to back up documents so as not to lose information?
- 3 Steps to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10
- 4 Which files do I keep and which ones do I lose when updating my version of Windows?
- 5 What significant differences are there in changing the version of Windows?
- 6 How much does a Windows license cost and why is it free on my PC?
- 7 How can I buy a genuine Windows license?
- 8 Can you upgrade from one version of Windows to another for free?
- 9 Which computers can and cannot be upgraded to Windows 10?
How update Windows 7 to the latest version Windows 10? How can I switch from Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10 for free? Is it possible to update Windows without losing data? How can I create an information backup in Windows?
There are several versions of the Windows operating system, however, as of January 14, 2020 Windows 7 support ends, thus Microsoft stops updating the Windows 7 operating system.
Since Microsoft will no longer update the Windows 7 operating system, it will not issue patches either, thus any computer still running Windows 7 it is at the mercy of any attacker.
You may also be interested in:
All data found in Windows 7 as of January 14, 2020 can be hacked. The best way to prevent these attacks is to update Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, so today in see how it is done, we bring you a simple guide to update your Windows 7.
What is needed to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 for free?
Updating Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 is extremely simple and can be done for free, the only thing you need to update your Windows 7 is to have and format a USB memory and have a good internet connection.
The requirements to install Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, they are exactly the same requirements of Windows 7, the memory consumption is similar and the speed between these systems does not have great differences.
It is important to bear in mind that if your computer has the Windows 7 operating system, it will not be possible to update it immediately to Windows 10, it will be necessary to go through Windows 8 and 8.1 first. However, if you want to upgrade to Windows 10 immediately you will need to format your computer.
How to back up documents so as not to lose information?
When updating Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, the best way not to lose your data and information is to make a backup of documents and programs before formatting the PC to update Windows.
To do a security copy in Windows 7 it is necessary to have a USB device to store each of the computer’s data and information.
The first step is to enter control panel and select the «Systems and security» section, within this section you will find a series of options, among which it is necessary to click on «Backup and restoration».
Then you must click on «Backup configurator», then it will only be necessary to select the external storage unit or USB.
In this way the operating system of Windows 7 will create a copy or backup on the external storage drive you entered.
Steps to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10
To update Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 it is necessary that you choose the version of Windows you want, this may be Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, then you must download the tool, this can be done for free from the official Microsoft page.
Once you install the program you will have the option to «Update equipment now» or «create an installation media», you must select the first option. In case the tool requests a license, you must enter the Windows 7 license and the computer password.
The process of updating from Windows 7 to any other version is usually a long process that takes about 30 minutes, so you need to be patient.
After the program finish updating your PC computer It will restart and thus start up with the version of Windows you have chosen. It is recommended to log in with a Microsoft account so that the license is linked to the cloud and thus not lose it.
When the installation process has finished you can proceed to send all your documents again from the USB memory to the PC.
Which files do I keep and which ones do I lose when updating my version of Windows?
Whenever you are going to perform an update of your operating system it is recommended back up all your personal files to external media to the computer you want to update, thus avoiding the risks of losing your information if something goes wrong during the update.
On the other hand, Windows has a function to make a backup copy of the files of all users, it is enough that before starting the update process go to the start, then to the control panel, then locate the system and maintenance section , and there you will find the option called: «Backup and restoration», if it is the first time that you use this function you will have to click on the option called «Configure backup», and then follow the steps that the configuration wizard will give you. will indicate, this is where you will have to choose which files, folders and documents you want to backup so they are not lost during the update process.
If you have already done this configuration before, then you must directly select the option that says: «Backup now»It is important to emphasize the recommendation not to perform this backup on the same hard drive where the operating system that you are going to update is installed.
What significant differences are there in changing the version of Windows?
Microsoft has decided to make not a few changes to the visual interface in its Windows operating system, Among the most outstanding between Windows 7 and Windows 8 we can mention the following:
Windows 7 to 8
- Windows 8 has stopped using the traditional start menu to give way to a «Start Screen», which when pressing the «Windows» key, which was previously just a menu, now covers the entire screen and allows you access to a wide variety of folders, programs and system functions at first sight.
- In Windows 7 the way to see the open applications was using the key combination «Alt + Tab», now in Windows 8 the way to show applications that you have open will be by combining the «Alt + Win» keys.
- One of the biggest innovations is its «App Store», that’s how it is now Microsoft has included its own Windows Store in Windows 8, in which you can get hundreds of applications, including applications to watch movies and TV such as Netflix, also applications for design, productivity and a great variety of very interesting software.
- Another important technical data is that Windows 8 has reduced its startup time considerably compared to its predecessor, if you have your system installed on an SSD you will notice that the start time is approximately between 7 and 8 seconds.
Windows 8 or 8.1 to 10
- One of the most striking differences is that Windows 10 has been designed to be a multipurpose operating system and that it is compatible with a wide variety of devices that may arise in the future, tablets, phones, smart home systems, the idea is that this system is compatible with everything that may come later.
- Another quite significant difference is the return of the «Start Menu», It seems that having left this element out in version 8 and 8.1 of Windows, it was not very well accepted by users.
- Too resource consumption in Windows 10 has been optimizedSo, if you have little RAM or a not very powerful processor, this version will be able to make better use of those resources and give you better performance.
How much does a Windows license cost and why is it free on my PC?
Windows 10 licenses vary depending on the version you choose, for example, the Home version, for personal or home use has a cost of € 145.00 ($ 172), the Pro version, ideal for small companies has a cost of € 259.00 ($ 307) and version 10 Pro for Workstations costing € 439.00 ($ 521) if you buy these licenses on the official Microsoft website.
The way to get a free Windows 10 license for your computer is have an active Windows 7 license installed and carry out the upgrade process to Windows 8 and later to Windows 10, so that with the same license you can enjoy the most recent version of the operating system.
How can I buy a genuine Windows license?
You must access www.microsoft.com and look for the «Store» or «Store» section, Depending on the country from which you connect, the different versions available, the prices and the payment methods will be shown to you in order to complete the purchase process.
Can you upgrade from one version of Windows to another for free?
Yes, if you have an original license active on your current operating system, you can start the update process completely free of charge and without losing your active license.
Which computers can and cannot be upgraded to Windows 10?
The minimum requirements to be able to install version 10 of this system are the following:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz), or faster processor or SoC
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for the 32-bit operating system or 20 GB for the 64-bit operating system
- Graphic card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Screen: 800 x 600 pixels.
If you have those requirements or more, then your computer is suitable to install Windows 10 version.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: