Welcome! In the case that you are new to Excel and want to learn a little more about all the functions it offers us, then you have reached the appropriate post. In this new opportunity we will show you everything you need to know to learn to Use and configure ActiveX command button and text control in Excel Keep reading!
These special command buttons give us the opportunity to add functionality from forms to Excel workbooks. With regard to their properties, these buttons have an infinity of properties that we can configure to our liking.
However, before we can see the properties of an ActiveX command button we have to press the option «Design mode«, in this way we can select the command button to start modifying its properties through a large list that we will see displayed.
You may also be interested in:
On the other hand, each type of Command button It will have a pop-up window with its own characteristics, which will make a difference with the rest of the command buttons that we can insert in the spreadsheet. So inserting and configuring ActiveX controls in a spreadsheet in Excel is very valuable and important.
Below we will show you all the steps you must follow to learn to add and configure an ActiveX command button in Excel In a simple way. We simply recommend that you follow each step to the letter so that you can complete the process successfully.
- First of all you must go to the tab «programmer«specifically in the group of controls. Then you must click on the option»Insert«.
- Then click on the option «ActiveX controls«and then on» command button «
- Now click on the location in the spreadsheet where you want the upper left corner of the command button you want to insert to appear.
- To continue you must go to the «controls» group and click on the «see code» option. Once this is done, will start the visual basic editorYou must also make sure that the «click» box has been selected correctly in the drop-down list on the right.
- Next, you must perform one of the following options within the command button. In the first one, you must choose the name of an existing macro in the book, in fact you can search for macros by clicking on the «macros» option found in the «code» group.
- Also, to be able to run macros from a button, remember to write the names of the macros on different lines within the sub-procedure. Regarding the second action, remember add your own VBA code as necessary.
- Next you must close the visual basic editor and click on «design mode» to be able to make sure that this mode is disabled.
- In case you want to execute the VBA code that is part of the button, you must click on the Active command button that we just created. By the way, did you know that you can use and set the property of the ActiveX list box control in VBA Excel?
We are already halfway there.
- If you want modify ActiveX control, you must make sure that it is in design mode. Then, in the «Developer» tab, in the «Controls» group, you must activate the design mode.
- In the case that you want to specify, use and configure the properties of the command button control, you must click on the «Properties» option found in the «tab.Programmer«right in the controls group. Another way to do it is by right-clicking the command button and then» properties «
- Remember that before clicking on «properties» you must make sure that the object whose properties you want to change is already selected.
- Now, in the properties box you will see an immense list with each property and to see the detailed information of each one of them you just have to select it and press F1. Once this is done a Visual Basic help menu.
- You can also type the name of the property in the search box found in the visual basic help menu.
That’s all for today! In the event that this information has been useful to you, do not hesitate to share it with your friends so that they learn the Importance of ActiveX controls.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: