More and more users are trying to assemble their equipment in small spaces, for which most resort to boxes and plates micro ATX.
The Qx-2000 from Aerocool it is a box that supports micro ATX but hides a soul of gamer 100%.
- High performance in a «Cube» shape, perfect for the most demanding that use Micro-ATX MB boards.
- Solid construction (0.6mm Japanese Steel).
- Support for large graphics cards up to 300mm.
- It has a lot of space inside: It supports two readers and two hard drives.
- Compatible with standard ATX sources, even 160mm.
- Ease of installation.
- Easy access front port for 2 USB, Sound Output and Microphone Input.
- Split chassis that isolates some components from excessive heat from the motherboard, ideal for powerful computers that need good cooling.
- It incorporates a 12 cm fan (included) and offers space for 4 8 cm fans (optional).
- Fan controller with switch, you can control the color of the light and its speed.
- Box Type: Cube Tower.
- Material: 0.6mm SECC
- Motherboards: Micro-ATX
- Chassis dimensions: 240 (H) x 300 (W) x 391 (D)
- Bays: 2 x 5.25″ (external) / 1 x 3.5″ (external) / 2 x 3.5″ (internal)
- Expansion slots: 4 slots
- Graphics card up to 300mm.
- I/O Ports: 2 x USB 2.0 / Mic and Headphones (AC97 and HD audio)
- Fonts larger than 140mm are not recommended.
- Excellent airflow – you can install 5 fans:
– Air inlet, 1 x 12 cm LED (red and blue), included.
– Air inlet, 1 x 6 cm (optional)
– Upper Back, 1 x 8 cm (optional)
– Lower Back, 2 x 8 cm (optional)
120mm fan specifications:
- 120 x 120 x 18mm fan (with quad blue and red LEDs)
- Rated voltage: 12V
- Power consumption: 2.4W
- Speed: 1500rpm±10%
- Air Flow (CFM): 63.75 CFM (Max)
- Noise (dBA): 26.81 dB-A
Examining the Packaging
You may also be interested in:
When I received my Qx 2000 at home, I first noticed its packaging, we can appreciate a military look in it and its attractive colors that incite a true gamer soul. The initials PGS, show their great power referring to a gaming system for professionals.
The box shows the Specifications and some images in which we can appreciate its large fan on, the open box and some other small details.
Proceeding to its opening, we observe that the box comes wrapped in a plastic and fastened on both sides by two pieces of polyester foam that prevent scratches on its armor (mine came with a small scratch that I don’t care about).
Looking at the front we can see a excellent finish that stands out in the boxes of its category, includes doors that help evacuate heat, a triangle where we control the vital functions of the box (ignition and fans).
It also has a couple of USB ports, audio input and output.
His big fan stands out, although unfortunately it is only one and air intake.
Observing the back of the box we observe the numerous holes to install fans which unfortunately does not include and should, because a single fan may not be enough for high-performance equipment.
Looking at the box side we look at its finish, but don’t be fooled, the bottom slot is attached, the shell disassembles in one piece.
the helmet is manufactured in steel and the covers, as usual, in plastic.
Examining the inside of the box
Opening the case is a simple task, just remove 5 screws and remove the shell.
With the body exposed, we focus from behind and observe its upper part, in it is the double bay for 5.25” drives on which we can place our DVD drives, burners, fan controllers, etc.
These units are hidden behind the doors that allow a little heat to escape, to place it it is enough to push the unit until it comes into contact with the door and then we would use the parts that it includes to replace the screws and ensure a fast and precise assembly.
On the contrary, on the opposite side we observe a drawer in which we can install a couple of hard disks, if the disk were very large you would be forced to install only one, the box is held with two screws and to remove it it is only necessary slide up, out of the rails that hold it in place.
If we focus on the back of the upper block we can see the space we have to install an 80mm fan and the opening in which you will have to place the power supply.
This source must be standard ATX but its depth should not exceed 140mm (with 160mm you may have too many space problems that could have been solved by changing the side of the source) and preferably it will not be modular either.
On the left side of the upper part of the box we see a small metal that unfolds, it is intended to hold the box as if it were a crutch when we proceed to open it to install the base plate or manipulate any element that is in the lower part of the structure.
It’s something I’ve never seen before but I’m quite impressed.
If we open the box and look at the front of the bottom hole We observe two things:
- The 12cm fan that includes the box and will help to cool down the equipment a bit.
- A bay in which we can install a 3.5” device, a floppy drive, card reader or any other accessory that fits into the slot.
At the rear we also observe two other things:
-A hole to install two 8 cm fans.
-The slots for the different types of cards that are inserted in the plate. Only the graphic slot has a cover with a screw, the others once they have been removed can no longer be replaced, the covers it comes with will break and become useless.
In the bare sides (so to speak) we can see the helmet and on one side the two pieces that allow the opening of the box easily.
When we buy it, it will come with a screw for greater security, but if you have the equipment at home you can remove said screw.
When installing the equipment you will see how in this box you will even have more space than in most ATX towers.
The cables They will be much better distributed than in other boxes, it includes a large number of holes to take each one to its corresponding place.
Even finding some other cons in the aerocool box, we can see how it is more than enough for teams that are destined to check the mail or work, perhaps it is a bit scarce for high-performance equipment.
It’s really amazing the way you open the box, I’ve never seen anything like this before. The possibility of installing two optical drives and the fan controller in a case of this range makes the Qx-2000 win airs of greatness.
There are some other boxes of the same category, but this would be the perfect solution.
You may like the Qx-2000 more or less, but if it is a original option and innovative that will satisfy most of your buyers.
- Installing the hardware is easy.
- The box folds to offer greater ease of assembly.
- It has a solid structure and a good finish.
- It only includes an air intake fan.
- Very basic installation instructions.
- Space issues with modular power supplies and larger than 140mm.
Material Loaned by Aerocool
To sale at Guru Store
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: