As the years go by and the world becomes more and more technological, there is no doubt that people value and treasure their phones and PCs much more. But did you know that if you have a PC with Windows 10, thanks to Microsoft you will be able to see the best of your phone on the PC?
That’s right, this is possible thanks to the Your Phone Companion app. If you want to know more about this, stay with us because today we explain Configuration and requirements to use Your Phone Companion – Your Phone Companion.
Requirements to use Your Phone Companion
- First of all, you need to know that the Your phone application is only available for Android mobiles be it the Surface Duo or Samsung. It is available or pre-installed for most Samsung Galaxy Note, Galaxy Fold, Galaxy S, Samsung A, S20 and S20 Ultra, Galaxy XCover Pro, Z Flip 5G and Z Fold2 5G phones. On the Microsoft technical support page you can get the most detailed list of devices that the Your phone app or also known as Windows Connection supports.
- You will need a PC with Windows 10 but from the April 2018 update or later than this date, since in versions after the aforementioned date the application is installed by default. But in case you have just the 2018 update, you will have to download the app from the Microsoft Store on your PC.
- It is also necessary that you have a mobile with the Android operating system that runs Android versions, from Android 7.0 or Nougat, or higher.
Your Phone Companion Settings
To configure or link your Android devices to your Windows PC, it will be necessary that both computers are properly turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
From the Android mobile
First, in the web browser you have on your mobile, enter www.aka.ms/yourpc and from there you will download the Companion application from Your phone. If you have any of the Samsung devices mentioned above, you will be asked to open Windows Connection on your mobile, which is pre-installed on it.
You may also be interested in:
Now if you have a android phone but not Samsung, you simply have to download the application and then proceed to open it. After this you can follow the guided configuration process that the app brings and if you are asked to log in to the application, you must enter the same Microsoft account that you use on your Windows 10 PC and that will be it.
On the other hand, if you have a Samsung mobile, the Your phone application is called Windows Connection and it comes by default in this, so to find this option, you must follow the path Settings>Advanced Features> Windows Connection.
From your Windows 10 PC
In the taskbar, in the search box of the same type ‘Your phone’ and click on the application when it appears in the search results. Then, according to the order that will be made to you, you must create an account or log in to Microsoft, and remember that it must be the same account for the Android mobile as for the PC so that they can be linked.
Finally, you just have to follow the process of guided setup that is presented to you and you will have fully configured the Companion app on your phone. So you can start using it and take advantage of the many things you can do with this app, which we will mention below.
What can you do with Your Phone Companion?
Just by linking your Android mobile to your Windows PC with the Companion app on your phone, a world of options opens up, in which you can:
You may also be interested in:
- Make and receive calls from your PC as if you were doing it on your mobile, to the same contacts that you have in your directory.
- Receive and manage all the notifications that arrive daily on your mobile, but from the comfort of your PC.
- Access all the applications that you have saved on your mobile, but on your PC, although this option is only available in specific devices.
- Receive and send text messages on your PC, access your mobile photos and drag files between devices.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?