Writing, editing, and converting physical files to digital hasn’t been done by hand for a long time. There is new software that allows all of this to be much faster. The best? That some programs are even free and will save you a lot of time. If you buy time you will also be more productive, great!
In a few seconds you can go from having a printed paper to viewing the information on your computer, but not in photo format, but in a format that you can edit and modify at will. That is, with character recognition. That is why, if you want to scan a document, it will not be enough to get the image, but you will have to use an optical character recognition (OCR) software that can extract text from the images. This software used to be expensive, but now even you can get it for free.
How do I convert images to text?
Through a process that allows the text of your images to be converted to document format. For that you need something that can convert the image to text, and that something will use the OCR technology. OCR is a technology that uses different phases to achieve the final file: identification, digital scanning and character encoding. You can even modify it later, or reduce the text to your liking.
How does OCR technology work?
- Recognize a pattern: the PC will recognize the complete characters and will compare them with the character matrix contained in the program.
- Feature extraction: is a more advanced method than character recognition. Divide characters into lines, directions, loops, etc. and create the final letters.
- Improved text recognition with pre-treatment: Recognition of text can also be achieved using different techniques.
- Skew – Rotate the image the angle necessary to make the lines fully vertical and horizontal.
- Stain remover: removes stains and smooths edges.
- Design analysis: the locations of the text, columns, paragraphs, etc. are identified.
- Eliminate lines: excess elements in the text are removed.
OCR also saves you a lot of money, because you won’t have to pay staff to move all those documents from physical to digital. The downside of OCR is that the old tools weren’t very accurate, but modern OCR gives more accurate results with few errors.
The best programs to convert image to text
There are several programs that will help you to carry out this task.
This image-to-text tool has some great features that will help content creators and copywriters. Has more than 95 tools but one of them is OCR (Optical Character Recognition). This tool helps you convert your files from JPEG, TIFF or GIF format to text or document.
What you should know about Prepostseo:
- Is online and free.
- You do not need to register or have advanced knowledge.
- It is an easy to use tool.
- Your content will be safe: they do not share the data with anyone.
- It has no use limit.
- Can recognize mathematical operations.
How is Prepostseo used?
It is easy to achieve good results:
You may also be interested in:
- Enter the image to text tool Prepostseo.
- Then click the “Upload Image” button or enter the URL.
- After performing the steps above, press the Submit button.
- Look at the result. The final file can be saved as a document, downloaded as a text file or copied to the clipboard.
Like Prepostseo, this tool also supports all formats like JPEG, PDF, BMP or PNG. It is a fantastic tool that you can use to convert image to text. The results will be given in a few seconds.
What you should know about Editpad:
- It is easy to use and free.
- Guarantees privacy and security: do not share your information with third parties.
- The results it achieves are good, and you can even scan only part of the document. It also achieves good results with blurry or low-resolution images.
- You can convert images without limit.
How to use Editpad.org
- Open your preferred browser.
- Enter convert image to text from Editpad.
- Click “Upload picture” to submit your file or drag and drop the image.
- Paste the link of the target image if you don’t have it on your PC.
- To finish, click on the “Extract text” button.
- By clicking on the button «Copy To Clipboard» you will have the text on the clipboard and you will be able to do whatever you want with it (paste it in Word, in an online editor, etc).
We hope we have helped you with these two great tools that will allow you to have free OCR.
You may also be interested in:
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?