Videoconferences are increasingly used by companies, students and families; For this reason, Google has made available to its users the free use of Google Meet with the intention of satisfying the communication needs of its users. In this post we will tell you What does it take to be able to use Google Meet and get the most out of it?
What is required to be able to use Google Meet?
To use Google Meet you will need to meet the requirements that it requires, below, you can observe some of them:
- Internet connection.
- Computers with operating systems compatible with Google Meet; for example, Microsoft Windows, Apple MacOS, Chrome Os, Ubuntu, and other Debian-based Linux distributions.
- You can use mobile devices with Android, iPad and iPhone operating systems; you must also install the Google Meet application.
- Updated version of the browser you will use (Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari).
- It is necessary to have a webcam integrated into the computer or you can connect one via USB; you also need a microphone and speakers to be able to listen and participate in the meeting. On a laptop, smartphone or tablet you need the front camera to work properly.
- It is essential when making a videoconference to be in a silent place without any distractions. It is also necessary to have good lighting.
- Something that is obvious and necessary in a videoconference is the participants. The maximum number of participants varies depending on the edition of G Suite you use.
Requirements to access a video conference with Google Meet:
- A G Suite administrator must activate Meet in your organization (calendar); you can say that this is like an invitation.
- To create a video conference you need to log in to a G Suite account (Gmail, Drive, Hangouts, Document, Play, YouTube, AdSense, among others).
- If you are going to join a video conference, you don’t need to have a G Suite account; but if you need to have the link or ID of the meeting so you can join the meeting. If you have not been invited, that is, if you are not from the organization, a member of the organization must approve your participation.
- You can access a video conference by dialing a phone number plus a PIN, this feature is available if administrators have enabled the feature.
Points of interest:
- It is important that the internet browser you use this updated with its latest version, because you may have trouble enjoying some features that Google Meet offers.
- If you use the application on your mobile device, it is essential that you update the app whenever it is available.
- The virtual cameras do not work for use on Google Meet.
- Meet has limited compatibility with the Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 browser, so it is recommended to use another type of browser to enjoy all the benefits of Google Meet.
Tips to get the most out of Google Meet
You may also be interested in:
The Google Meet application can be used with tricks to get the most out of it and thus users will work faster. Here’s what you can do with Google Meet:
Use the Google Chrome extension
If you lower the google meet extension In your Google Chrome browser it will be easier and faster to access the application. You can also install an emoji extension so that you have a variety of emoticons when you send messages in the app.
Google Meet allows you to record the video conference to be used later, that content will be saved once the meeting is over in Google drive. If you record a meeting, other participants will receive a notification that the meeting is being recorded.
When videoconferencing is usually done slideshows, photos or images are displayed, so you can screen share using Google Meet to present your information.
To activate this function you must open the presentation on your computer before joining a videoconference> When you enter Google Meet, click on the option «More functions» > Choose «Share screen».
Set the image quality
With Google Meet you can make various settings and among them improve the quality of the image. What you should do is move the cursor over the video call> When several options appear, select «Setting» > «Bandwidth» > Select if you want the quality of the incoming or outgoing image to be better.
If you constantly video conference, start using Google Meet and enjoy all the benefits that this great Google application offers.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: