The arrival of the internet has allowed the possibility of streamlining many tasks, achieving great benefits to society. In addition, thanks to this system we can instruct and collect useful information to teach classes and other educational projects. If you are a teacher or student, we invite you to read this post where we explain what is WebQuest and what is it for.
What is WebQuest?
The WebQuest or Web Search is a tool whose main objective is to incorporating the internet into learning in the classrooms. In line with the developers of the WebQuest this accelerates the information search process for primary or university students.
However, to be successful in WebQuest it is essential acquire a compression level when reading, so ask for help. If there is such a case, you will find people trained in the reading area, who can help children and young people with learning difficulties.
What is WebQuest for?
You may also be interested in:
Being a learning tool, it meets several main objectives in the study area, and they are the following:
- Focus on the proper and safe use of information that can be found online.
- Reinforce intellectual patterns at the different levels of analysis, evaluation and synthesis.
- Guided instruction in a didactic and simple way.
- Efficiently use internet resources such as advanced browser searches in the classroom.
- Stimulate the execution of different academic skills at higher levels.
- Promote student faculty.
- Carrying out activities in a group or collectively.
- Have a unique and appropriate evaluation system.
- Stimulate research in students by presenting their own analysis.
- Forge in students the appropriate habit in the use of new technologies.
- Correctly use the source of information that exists on the web.
- Use the WebQuest as a medium for the execution of debates and ideas within the corresponding area.
- Is a useful tool for creating and designing various projects.
- With the WebQuest, students will be able to run a presentation in lecture mode.
What two types of WebQuest are there?
Short-term WebQuest: The objective of this type of education is the incorporation and benefit of the knowledge of a specific subject in three class periods.
Long-term WebQuest: This has as its main objective the execution of activities that are deep and require a period of about a week or a month.
What are combined reflective activities in WebQuest?
A combined or structured reflective task is an activity where an attractive job is proposed, using the resources provided by the internet or the web. It should be noted that this must be selected in advance by the teacher or professor, in order to assist in time management.
On the other hand, the teacher can use Zoom to teach online, and thus maintain communication with the students to give practical guidance.
What are online tasks, called WebQuest?
The investigation of any type of information on the internet requires a certain time, so that a class is better explained. So the online instruction called WebQuest are activities organized and built to avoid obstacles, which prevents the task from being well defined. At the same time the resources allow the objective of the activity to run lightly and easily for the students.
Another important aspect of online tasks in WebQuest is saving time, achieving the possibility that students improve information search. Thanks to the help of the teacher in giving the specific topic, it allows students to accelerate learning.
On the other hand, the teacher can recommend some websites or apps that help students, such as the Socratic application where they will find exact information. With the help of WebQuest, and its subject of structuring knowledge or content, it constitutes a strategy for students.
Finally, the use of the WebQuest as a learning model provide a rich and simple environment when studying. Of course, without forgetting that the main source of said instruction requires the internet in the educational area. All this will be jointly with the professor in the research process to learn about a topic.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: