In today’s article we will talk about how to avoid spam when I browse the Internet by seeing What is spam? It is known as spam when content not requested by a userThey usually come in the form of emails. Knowing this we can understand as Spam any message that we do not request.
In today’s article we will see the types of spam that exist, how to avoid spam while browsing the Internet and the consequences that spam brings to a user.
How to recognize SPAM and what are its characteristics
Spam usually sees messages coming from unknown accounts that offer products, promotions or simply convey a particular message. Spam is often benign, but at other times it can be dangerous, seeking victims for possible scams or fraud.
You may also be interested in:
It is easily recognized, remember, it comes from unknown accounts or users who share it without knowing its background. At the same time, promotions are often ‘too good to be true’. The best thing when receiving an email that looks like Spam is to ignore it.
Types of SPAM
Spam is a practice that all users on the internet have suffered. This usually occurs in different internet environments, having in turn different objectives each, ranging from advertising by a company to fraud attempts that come in the form of emails, some tried to install a virus on our computer through shared files in spam.
It’s wise know the types of spam that we get on the internet, because it is found everywhere as an annoying matter for every internet user. We will mention and explain each of these types of spam below.
East it is the most frequent and most excessive type of spam. It can come in three forms, in high volume emails and emails with advertising content. We will explain each of these below.
- When we talk about high volume emails, we mean these messages sent to a high number of addresses.
- On the other hand, emails with advertising content, They are usually addressed to a person, offering offers and other commercial information.
Spam by Social Networks
Another type of spam that we can find on the internet is in one of the most determining spaces in the digital world being Social Networks. Some companies with a weak marketing strategy tend to send spam to all users who may be potential buyers, but resulting in bad publicity for it.
In turn, spam on social networks can come from suspicious users. By suspicious users we mean fake profiles that are created in order to give a promotion to scam anyone who accepts.
Internet browsing spam.
Finally, we have the spam that is developed by browsing the internet. This type of spam hinders our searches in any browser. It is applied thanks to the analysis of online positioning by certain pages, doing everything possible to appear among the first options of our search.
This would not be a problem if the page meets what we are looking for, however some make use of eye-catching titles and then deal with totally different topics.
It is not as common as it used to be, but spam via SMS messaging still exists. Most of the time it is used to attract people to offers or promotions. In any case, it is also a source of scams, so you need to be very careful.
Recommendations to avoid spam
Having seen the different spaces where we receive spam, we will give some tips to avoid spam when we are using the internet. Definitively eliminating spam is almost impossible, thanks to the fact that different accounts are used that we do not even know we have to block, but certain aspects that are used to spam emails we can avoid them.
- Seeing that certain email addresses are constantly spamming us, we must identify them and then block their emails and mark them as spam. In this way we will be discarding these addresses, making less and less spam that we receive. Email services like Gmail implement these anti-spam measures.
- Many social networks give options to maintain a profile with restrictions, an example is Instagram having a private profile. Thanks to this private profile, not any user can send us messages and if you do, you will not be notified as directly as if you would make it public.
- We have to avoid accepting any conditions on the internet, because sometimes we do not read terms and conditions, accepting that some websites send us emails repeatedly. This would not be counted as spam because we allow it, however, we do not want to receive any mass mail from a page that we saw one day on the internet.
We hope these tips will be useful to you, when applying them we will be significantly reducing the amount of spam, saving us wasted time, giving a better order and peace of mind in our inbox, and preventing us from being distracted from any activity that we are doing at that time.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: