When browsing the Internet, two speeds are always used, which in most of the times you do not realize as a user, because it is an automatic process: The download speed and the speed of load «The symmetrical fiber».
Speed of download It is used by the system when you download your favorite movies and videos, listen to music or browse any page on the web. And when you upload photos or voice notes to your WhatsApp or to your other social networks, to your «drive clouds» or you play online, the system uses the speed of load.
So far, everything is going great! But it gets a little tricky when that favorite movie or urgent file for your boss spins, spins, spins and nothing that reaches 100% of execution. So, rushed you ring your service provider to solve And what usually happens?
You may also be interested in:
You are left with more doubts when words such as: «Symmetric fiber or asymmetric optical fiber, etc.» But don’t worry, we’ve come to help you understand what these terms mean and what advantages and disadvantages characterize them. So that you can later make a decision about which fiber to choose from and not waste your savings.
What is symmetric fiber
Symmetrical fiber, As its name implies, it refers to the download speed being equal to or the same as the upload speed. For example, if you buy an internet plan with a 1 GB download, it will also include 1 GB upload in the speed of connection to the network. And how does it benefit you? And what was it like before? We will answer this last question a little later.
Advantages and benefits of symmetric fiber
However, our lifestyle has changed in the last 20 years and today we also need upload speed. For example, if you want to upload photos, videos or you want to work as a YouTuber. Symmetrical fiber gives you these benefits:
- Video conference with Skype or Zoom, fluid.
- In order to have «luxuries» at home, such as HD television signal, 4K, Netflix, etc., which need more bandwidth both for uploading and downloading.
- Serves for your telecommuting fluid. To mount a large amount of content on the internet, the sooner it is uploaded, the better. To play on the most advanced game console and in streaming without interruptions.
- All the internet connected house and run it through voice command: Smart lights, smart surveillance camera, smart thermostat to maintain the ideal temperature for the pet and serve food when you are traveling, by a voice command connected to the WI-FI from the mobile .
Another advantage is that evenly distributes the width bandwidth between all devices, so that they work efficiently even simultaneously.
Optical fiber (asymmetric or FTTH (Fiber-To-The-Home))
Those who remember the start of the internet, They will agree that with asymmetric fiber you had to disconnect one of the landlines in the house to connect the modem (but it was solved shortly after).
- The PC’s operating system took about 10 minutes to start up.
- If a call was received or someone picked up an auxiliary telephone in the house, the Connection.
- Likewise, they will remember that more megabytes of download was needed, because what we did most was download songs, videos, games, etc. To mention an example: if you bought a 100 MB plan, it meant that it was 100 MB download and 10 MB upload …
We hardly consider the most interesting aspects of how much the processes of internet connection. It is good to find out what type of connection our service provider uses, so we can make better decisions.
Stay tuned to this wonderful digital age in a simple and practical way, as is our custom to publish them in short articles like these.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: