If you have been using free Google Meet for a short time, it has probably happened to you that the people with whom you are in video conference cannot hear you. If this is the case, then we invite you to continue reading this post where we will talk about what to do in the case that you microphone has been blocked on Google Meet Go for it!
Generally when we are in a videoconference, either for academic or work reasons, it is advisable to make sure that both the speakers like microphone. Since both are essential when interacting with the other colleagues who are in the videoconference with us.
However, many users make the mistake of entering Google Meet rooms without microphones connected or misconfigured. In addition, it is also common that we silence or do not know how to connect the external microphone on our Android mobile or Tablet. Or inadvertently during the conference, we have not activated the microphone.
In this sense, we have decided to prepare a small guide for you to learn how to deal with the most common problems that involve the microphone on Google Meet Keep reading!
How do I know if my microphone is blocked?
Here we will talk about the process that you must carry out in order to verify if your microphone has been disabled in a video conference. As you will see, if you plan to schedule a meeting with Google Meet, it will be very useful to know how to unlock your microphone in case it is blocked.
Steps to unlock your microphone
- The first thing you should do is open the toolbar of the call in progress. In the event that you find yourself using the web version of Google Meet, then you have to go to the bottom of the window until the respective menu is displayed.
- On the other hand, if you are using the Google Meet mobile app, you must press the bottom of the screen to display the toolbar.
- After finding the toolbarYou will see that it only has 3 buttons identified with a different symbol. The first represents the microphone button, the next is for hanging up and the one next to it is used to activate or deactivate the camera.
- Now, if you notice that the microphone button turns red and a diagonal line crosses it, then this means that we actually have microphone disabled or ‘muted’.
- This means that no member of the videoconference will be able to hear us, which is common to happen to us without our realizing it. However, conference members may note that we have disabled microphone.
- So, if your microphone is disabled and you want to enable it again, it is only a matter of clicking on the microphone button found in the toolbar that we mentioned earlier.
- To check that the microphone has been reactivated, you must make sure that the button is no longer red. In this sense, you will be able to speak calmly to be heard by the other colleagues who are in the videoconference.
How to set up the microphone on Google Meet?
Next, in this new section we will take the trouble to explain in a simple and precise way everything you must do to be able to set up the microphone correctly in the Google Meet app. We simply invite you to follow the steps to the letter so that you do not have any inconvenience.
- To begin, you must make sure that the microphone is connected to the computer through its USB cable. This does not apply to users who log into Google Meet from a laptop, as these computers have the built-in microphone.
- Once you have connected the microphone to the equipment, you can see how it turns on at least one light that is usually red. In turn, a message should appear on the taskbar indicating that a new sound device has been connected to the computer.
- Now, you need to head over to Google Meet. Here you must click on the option «Setting»To make sure our microphone has been properly recognized by the app.
- After this you will be able to talk to your co-workers in video conferences without any problem.
We are done for today! Thus, we encourage you to use and get the most out of Google Meet. If the information in this post has been useful to you, please do not forget to share it with all your friends and family, as this would help us a lot. See you in the next post!