As we immerse ourselves in this wonderful program, with its powerful tools, surprised us. This time we bring you an interesting topic. We’ll show as create table data from two variables in Excel. It’s great if you want to see the behavior of the data. Well, first get acquainted with its terms.
Data table and variables
data table is an excellent resource that has Excel, you can change the value of certain cells, and observe how it affects the outcome in the rest of the table. Thus, analyzes a set of values along with the «If Analysis» .
Variables. is used to store temporary data that is used within a process module or book. Using variables helps make work more efficient and summarized. In the use them you have to follow certain rules.
You may also be interested in:
- The name of the variable is advised to start with a letter and not a number. If you can add numbers in the name, but the first character must be letter. In Excel cells are usually the variables, would read:. C8
- It’s good that do not use as variable name, one of the keywords of Excel.
- It should consist of continuous string of characters.
With this in mind, and understand its usefulness, imagine that you acquire a loan to pay at a certain time at a variable interest rate. In the table, you determine the variables. In this case, it would be the time , because it will change as you make the payment.
Example: Every 6 months pay part. 12 months you pay elsewhere … etc. Another would be variable interest , because as time passes the van interests varying & nbsp; The matrix should reflect . The payments every 6 months depending on the current interest in that time. And you can see their behavior for a term of 5 years. Time may be reflected in the columns. And the interests in the ranks. Now we’ll show practice, how to create a data table of two variables in Excel .
Create data table with two variables
A good friend said: «With illustrations we understand each other better» . Well, we’ll use a very simple example that will help guide you in creating the table. Create the multiplication table .
- You open a new Excel spreadsheet.
- Choose and select the cell to pivot . (Can be any)
- Place the formula to generate the multiplication . Example: A1 * A2. Here are our 2 variables. One represent the column axis and the other axis of the rows. From this cell to the right you will create columns, with consecutive numbers: 1,2,3 … And under this cell sets the rows with numbers 1,2,3 … etc. Until where? Thou limit fixed.
- Then select with the mouse across the table. That is, from the cell pivot keeps the formula, to the limits of the column and row.
- Go to the top enable the «Data» menu and tap the «If Analysis» . (This applies if you are in an earlier version of Excel, if you have an updated look this resource is more direct and fast).
- Click «Data table» . A window will appear. In the field row places a cell in the formula (Example A1). In the column field, places the other cell (Example A2). And accept». That’s all.
you will achieve see along the table each cell stores a value (the result of the multiplication of a column element with another element of the row). There are cases where you need to paste data from one table to another location, but with certain criteria, for that you can help yourself learn how to use the special payment excel.
It’s really simple; the practice of this resource will help you include and experiment with multiple formulas and elements more complicated. We hope you continue to enjoy the mastery and management that has Excel tables with . If you want to tell us your experiences working in Excel, leave your comments.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: