On this site we want to make life easy and for this we have published tutorials easy to handle and most complete Excel as an expert. This time we will talk about How to hide the contents of a cell in Excel . & Nbsp; easily or make it invisible
This information is very useful because there are times when you want to hide the information contained in these cells in a way fast and so remain private, such as keys banks, account numbers, etc. The good news is that this information will not cease to be in these cells and in another time can show it again.
Learn to hide the contents of a cell in Excel
For people to open your file can not see the information you want to hide in certain cells, you must take the steps described below:
You may also be interested in:
- In Microsoft Excel, open the workbook that contains the cells whose contents you want to hide, or if you start with a new book and enter the data you want to hide the cell in question.
- select the cell containing the text to hide and put that transparent text , and hidden the cell contents easily and people who open the file will not see the information because they will only see a cell blank.
A second option is to select the cell, you give click on the right mouse button and touch the dialog box Format Cells . can change the format of the cell anytime , if you want to learn how to do it already we published an article on our blog a few days ago; but let’s continue with the example we have so far:
- Once in the dialog box Format Cells, touch the tab and opens Number Category; within this you give click on Custom . General type, delete General and put three times the point symbol semicolon (;;;).
- Le das click OK and you will see that the text disappears contained in the cell at the same time that you close the dialog box Format Cells.
These simple steps that you just described for hide the contents of a cell in Excel easily ; It is also useful when you want the same information is not printed, having assured that the content has not disappeared from it. Only you are displayed on the formula bar if you give click to the cell.
If you want to view the content, you can also remove the three symbols semicolon (;;;); and return the General format. There are also other steps to display or hide formulas an Excel spreadsheet.
Steps to hide the contents with a guard or cell
Now if you really want to hide the contents of the cell and do not leave in the formula bar or protect, must protect the spreadsheet you’re working. For this you must act as follows:
- Select the cell in question and give the Ctrl + 1 or keys to enter the dialog box Format Cell.
- Once there you touch the Protect tab. Hides select here.
- done this go to the Review tab, then click Change you give to the Protect Sheet command.
- In the seección where it says Protect Sheet and contents of locked cells should be the symbol √, Tilda or uncheck according to need.
- If you want you can put a password, so you have more assurance that they have access to the information you want to hide.
- Finally click OK to securely hide the contents of the cell to not be displayed in the formula bar.
This page will help you to manage Excel as a true expert. You can teach, for example, & nbsp; how to hide an excel sheet with a macro & nbsp; or how to remove a circular reference and many more details that will help with this powerful and versatile tool Excel.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: