Using a web browser has become part of the routine of our daily lives, and from there we can access different platforms for payment services, banking, educational sites, entertainment and much more.
With increasing use of browsers, it is necessary to integrate different utilities made within them, such as pop-ups, plugins and extensions on your browser Google Chrome .
Popups or Pop-ups are a series of windows outside the main window and are quite uncomfortable, especially because we have not asked to be open and usually contain information advertising that is not in our interest. Fortunately, these pop-ups or pop-ups can be disabled easily .
In addition, sometimes they occupy the entire page, which is annoying and makes us lose time and focus on what we are working. It is also important to note that some sites use pop-up windows for allow access to external content that can be useful .
There are several types of pop-ups or pop-ups, the most common:
You may also be interested in:
- Emerging , which are displayed on the window that is active and usually offer only advertising.
- Submerged , these are more dangerous because they open below the main window and carry concealed a hidden code that can exercise control over the browser or visited sites
One of the advantages offered by Google Chrome is that you block so early and pop-ups that prevents so that they appear on your screen so automatically. If you block one pop-up window, the pop icon appear locked in the address bar.
And if at any time allow them want, you can also do so. If the windows keep popping up even after blocked any, there is a possibility that your device has malicious software.
How to block or allow pop-ups?
If you want to block pop-up windows, open Chrome and once there:
- Click the button to access the menu, symbolized by three horizontal lines, located on the far right of the address bar of the browser
- Then select the option “ Settings ” (Settings), located at the bottom of the menu, which will open the page settings browser.
- Once there, go to the bottom of the page, to link “ Advanced Settings ” (Show advanced settings) and click to get more configuration options.
- In the advanced configuration options, go down to the section “Privacy” (Privacy) and click on the button “ Site Settings ” (Content settings …). This will open a window to edit the content.
- In content options, go down to the section “ Pop-ups ” (Pop-ups). If you want to prevent pages you browse show pop-ups, click the “ Blocked ” option (selected by default on a new installation of the browser), or if you want to allow select the “ Allowed “.
If you want to manage exceptions, you can click on “Manage exceptions …” and add URLs or patterns of URLs (such as [*.] koquisabout.com for example, allow pop-ups koquisabout.com).
These Patterns can be specified to allow or block popup , because if for some reason a website that visitors not allowed to open pop-ups, you can add that particular page to the list exceptions and so you are indicating that you want to block all pop-ups from the added page.
Google Chrome shows you that a popup window has been blocked by a small icon on the far right of the address bar of Internet pages. A Clicking this icon will display pop-ups that have been blocked on the page, and you can also click directly somewhere you want to be deployed.
You may also be interested in:
In addition, from this screen you are given the option to indicate an exception for the page you’re visiting , or if you want, go directly to the management window pop-ups.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?