Google Maps is a tool very useful and practical. It has plenty of features to liven up your travels, and find out how long it will take to get somewhere or calculate what is the shortest way to reach. However, in this article we will focus on one of its many functions; we’ll show you how to drawing lines, shapes or paths in Google Maps step .
How to draw lines, shapes or paths in Google Maps
If you are planning a trip, regardless of whether long, short or consider traveling to another country, this app is your ideal choice. With Google Maps, You can create a route , starting from the site to the place of arrival, you can even see where the sights are. Something that will enrich your experience tourism will activate and use augmented reality to the Google Maps navigate .
But if what you want is a hiking trail to explore on foot or bicycle, this application has Google My Maps. This application, which you can download on your Android device, will allow maximum use maps and even customize the paths you want to go.
One of the advantages of Google My Maps is that lets you create or modify maps we found on the internet. You can customize it, locating places and keeping them on the map, even add cue points, also get directions and perform movements within the map.
But how to achieve this with the application of Google My Maps, practical and simple, because following these steps:
- First, you must download the Google My Maps application on your electronic device
- Then you need to select “Add icon +” and colócale a name and if you want to add a description to the map. (Can add to the map, up to 10,000 sites, forms or lines).
- On the bottom right, you can select the “Add” option, there you can assign a point to a place where want to perform some activity.
- After must drag the map until you get the X reaches the place you want, and then you choose that Location .
- putting on the name you want to place and choose a layer, which can have up to 2,000 forms, sites and lines. When you have chosen, you choose to accept and route planned and you will be ready.
When your custom map is ready, can print directly from Google Maps to it have physical, if that is the case.
Change or delete a shape, line or route on your map
If you want to change the map, remove some points , lines or shapes, as the Google My Maps application gives you that option. But how do I do it? Well we invite you to follow these steps to achieve practical, and thus know what you want to change your custom map.
- In your electronic device application open Google My Maps .
- Then select your custom map.
- After this touching the shape or line you want to delete or change.
- Select the option “Edit”.
- Modify the name or other information you want.
- Choose, “redrawing a line” and then select “Edit” .
- Or if you want to delete, click “Delete form or online” and again press “Delete”.
- Then you have made the appropriate changes for you, select “Done”
Another option you have at your disposal is edit your placing pins or markers on Google Maps . You’ll be marcarás your sights.
Get directions to follow a route
With Google Maps application you can driving directions to travel by public transport, car, bicycle or walking. If you go different routes, the most ideal and reliable choice, which will always be drawn in blue line.
The lines that may go as additional routes will appear on the map in a gray color, but try to always be guided by the principal.
On the other hand, for those long trips in which the data is so valuable, something that can help you is Google Maps Offline use without Internet connection.
Remember, it is always important travel with caution to protect yourself and those traveling with you, wherever vallan. So we hope you can draw lines, shapes or paths in Google Maps to help you guide you on your travels.