If you want to learn how to use an operating system other than Windows or iOS, we recommend you take a look at Linux because it is the most widely used by programmers. Later, we will show you a guide so you can learn to use terminal commands and basic Linux from scratch.
By using this operating system, you must use the console. Through this, you will have access to various services and Linux functions. Just you need to know what to enter console commands to complete all required tasks. Here we show some of the Linux common commands.
Linux Basic Commands
In this section, we will talk in detail about the basic commands Linux you need to know to learn to use the device without problems. At first, maybe will cost you learn, but after a few days can aprendértelos.
- PWD: is used to locate the folder path you are currently working. In fact, the execution of this command returns a full path, a path of most directories that begin with a slash “/”
- CD This command is used to navigate between folders and documents OS. In post, you must specify the full path based on the directory where you are. For example, if you want to go in a new folder whose directory is “/home/username/nombredelacarpeta” then you must write CD accompanied by this route.
- : is worth keeping an eye on the contents of a directory, in fact, this command displays the contents of the default current task. Now if you want to display the contents of other ways, then type “is” followed by the directory that you want to visit.
- cat this command is probably one of the most used in the Linux operating system because it helps us make a list of the contents of a file or document on standard output. To run it, you simply write ” cat” with the filename and extension respectively.
- PC if you need copy files from one directory to another , you must use this command. For example the command ” cp escenario.jpg/home/user name/Video” create a copy of “escenario.jpg” from the current directory in the video.
- mv: However, Normally this command is used to move documents and files, as it serves to File renaming Linux.
More Linux commands you should consider
- mkdir: is used to create a new directory , for example, if you type ” mkdir pictures “immediately appointed music directory will be created. If you need to create a directory to another directory, you must type the command as follows: “mkdir Images/bar.
- rmdir: Now, if you want to delete a directory, you must enter this command, but you can delete the folders that are empty
- rm: This command deletes directories with the content found inside. If you only want to delete the directory, you must use the “rm -r” . In addition, we remind you that the directory deleted with this command can not be recovered.
- Contact: if you want to create a new empty file , you can do so by entering the Linux command. For example, to create an HTML file in the document, type “/home/username/Documentos/Web.html”
- Search : This command is used to locate a file, just like in Windows search command. In fact, if you add the argument “-i” to this order, we will remove the distinction between uppercase and lowercase letters, allowing to find the file is simple.
- Find command: is very similar to the locate command, as also we used search for files and directories . However, with the find command can locate files in a specific directory.
- Grep: with superb this command can search for a specific file in the text
- Sudo: is an abbreviation of the command “Do SuperUser” and is used to make process asks us root permissions. We recommend not to use this command daily, and you can make irreparable mistakes on your device.