In the technology, services are programs that run in the background, the Control and interface user/computer. They are also known as demons and are responsible for helping other system programs. Learn to manage system services Ubuntu Linux with systemctl.
Services provide more security and are essential to the proper functioning of the entire operating system. These start when starting the computer, and can respond to requests through a network or to ensure the implementation of the system processes.
If you have a computer that has two operating systems can change the order of start the Grub Ubuntu Linux.
systemd and systemctl
is the administrator of all the Linux services and systemctl is a special order it. This will take care of all these elements begin to load when the system started. It is a set of daemons and tools for configuring and interacting with the Linux kernel.
systemd is the father of the process, since its main purpose is to gather all distributions and basic configurations. Born to replace the previous system SysV beyond startup tasks only.
In addition to the program &NBSP manager; Systemctl, so your programs run faster is recommended that you release
on hard drive for more capacity.
- Greatly improved the speed when starting the program. also enable services with ” sockets” is an application programming interface (API)
- You can make recordings with ” control groups” of all services and programs that have been launched. Systemd comes with pre packages that can run and manage multiple parallel demons.
systemd is used in most programs Linux by default. Since Fedora, Red Hat and Debian Arch. And with systemctl control and provide information on the state of systemd and manage versions, you can manage services for the Ubuntu Linux system systemctl.
You may also be interested in:
Manage Ubuntu Linux system services systemctl
With systemctl can start and stop a program, reload, enable and disable services, among others. To begin managing the services of the Ubuntu Linux system must ensure systemctl have on your system.
From Internet search and can download all programs you need for your computer.
To do this, open the “Terminal” and run the command – “ Systemd version ” with what you know about the installed version on your system Linux.
Demons or services systemctl
- Systemd – analyze to see the starting up of the system. In addition to its qualities, it took time to get started, and the process added to the start time. For each process individually using the “ Systemd – analyze fault ”
- “ systemctl files ” is a command used to display sections of files or units. This is done because Systemd using services, mounting points and devices. So with this command, you can watch each and how they worked.
- “ systemctl files – type = units of account service ” is used to determine which services or daemons have been and are activated and others do not. It is quite similar to the previous command, but this option to display only the list of services is added.
Other commands can be, ” systemctl is – active” is used to find out which service is when running. “Systemctl is – enable” is for demons that are activated or those starting with the system
- “ systemctl is – failed ” you will know if a problem occurred at the beginning of the execution of a service. If the service is not working, you get a message on the screen with the word “Failed”. If it was not for reasons unknown, the message will be “Unknown” or “inactive”.
With this, you know Systemd many orders, even more complex functions that meet. You can even restart, hibernate the system before and even monitor the consumed energy flow. This is a good start for you to manage system services Ubuntu Linux systemctl.
You may also be interested in:
As systemctl program allows you to start and stop a program, you can also program your Linux operating system program and off.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?