Buy a new hard drive for a computer, can be synonymous with tedious procedures to keep all information from the old hard drive. The word « Format » panic cause, and talk format a hard drive is no exception.
You may also be interested in:
There will always be easier and viable alternatives to transfer all the information . The downside of these shortcuts is that you need to use a program. Most of these programs have limited functions, leaving the most important for a premium version.
I need to clone my hard drive!
All information of your main hard drive , all programs and drivers, you can move them to the new hard drive, so you can install it without having to configure and install all programs from scratch. However, it is important to have and make a copy of your files on your hard drive , if the unit is damaged.
To perform this procedure, you must take into account a number of requirements:
- Your source hard disk with all your installed programs and saved documents.
- The destination hard disk. Must be greater than or equal to the source hard disk capacity.
- It is worthwhile to tell a pendrive with a minimum of 2GB .
Already having all the tools you will need to clone the hard drive of your desktop or laptop, it’s time to start with the process:
First Phase: Preparation
- Both hard drives must be connected if your Windows computer does not detect the external hard drive can try to reconnect and restart the PC. Computer hard drives are mechanical, ie, those that are installed via the SATA connection, there are also hard disks with adaptation to connect via USB inputs.
- Tuxboot . This is one of the few free programs that will make cloning the hard drive.
- With Tuxboot is where the stick comes into play, since installing this software, install the Clonezilla program which will make the stick a boot device.
- Once the program started select the « On-line distribution em> ‘ in which also will select the options clonezilla_live_stable and current .
- At the bottom of the window of the program, you get the Type em>, which will select the USB Drive em>, and in the Drive em>, select the letter that identifies the USB flash drive connected to the computer or laptop
- Click OK and wait until the process ends.
- Restart your computer or laptop and press F10 or F12 , which lets you choose the boot device. Choose the option to boot from the pendrive (USB). A time to select another menu will appear.
- Select the first option that appears on your screen, can identify the Clonezilla live .
- another menu, select the language .
- another window is displayed asking map of the keyboard. In this part you will not do anything , simply press the enter key.
- Another window to choose if you want to start Clonezilla or put login shell, Choose Clonezilla .
- Originally Clonezilla on your computer or laptop, choose the device-device Disk/Partition a disk/partition, which should be the second option in this new window option we will allow for cloning.
- The next window will urge cloning choose between default or expert mode. It would be advisable to leave all default to preserve the default values source hard disk.
- The system will ask you to perform a check copy. You can do it or ignore, is your choice.
- A new window will show a series of choices about the partition table. In this step, it is advisable to use the same partition of the source disk .
- Displays a summary of the procedure. Type the letter «Y» and then press Enter . This will confirm the action.
- asked if you want to clone the boot loader. At the same as the previous step, type «Y», then press Enter .
Second phase: Cloning
Once Tuxboot and Clonezilla have prepared the flash drive as a boot device, follow these steps to start cloning the hard disk:
And voila! It’s about time for the system to finish the cloning procedure. Already completed this procedure, the system will ask you to turn off the computer or laptop, so you can make the change from the hard drive and restart your computer.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: