The features of a USB port usually do not capture enough attention from people. There are different types of hardware today and each has different advantages and benefits.
The USB devices allow href=”https://tdftips.com/pasar-guardar-archivos-pc-memoria-usb-pendrive/” transfer computer data effectively and easily . However, care should be cautious that device to keep optimizing it.
What it is USB?
As a brief introduction, it is important to clarify the concept of USB ( Universal Serial Bus ). This name to an interface that is activated when a device to be connected.
The computer can work without major problems with the connected device , so you do not need to install drivers for it. This case can be evidenced in devices such as keyboards, mouses, pendrives and memories.
The USB 2.0
Like everything related to the world of computers, each of the components that are part of a computer, may evolve in more ways than favorable. In this sense, the technology of the USB 2.0 offers a data transfer rate of at the least 60 MB per second.
- The technology of the Universal Serial Bus is present in the vast majority of computers today.
- It allows seamless connection of devices such as memory keys, cameras, printers, cell phones, among others.
- However, the multimedia content has not been immune to constant evolution, and the high quality of these files have been an obstacle in this technology.
Super USB 3.0
Given the high definition content Media , it was decided to evolve the ability of USB ports. In this sense, if they were called as Hi-Speed USB 2.0 ports to USB, the 3.0 came to be presented as Super-Speed USB.
Do they have the right? All! While they are aesthetically identical, transfer rate is much higher than version 2.0 , reaching high definition transfer files to a dizzying rate of 4.8 GB per second.
- A against presenting this version of ports, is that is not available to many computers.
- A faster, greater consumption. The USB 3.0 port consumes approximately 900 mA, ie more than 400 mA version 2.0 (500 mA)
Can you use a USB 2.0 technology into a USB 3.0 port and vice versa? Surely you’ve done it before and not even realize you’ve given. In either case, you can use USB devices on any port , regardless of the technology that is used.
Imposition of limits
While there, retro-compatibility between devices and ports, this does not mean that they can operate at the speed that characterizes them. In that sense:
- A connecting a USB 2.0 device to a port that uses technology 3.0, will not be able to enjoy the speed that characterizes the port, maintaining its standard 60 MB per second speed.
- The same is true in reverse. A connecting USB 3.0 to a port with 3.0 technology, device capability speed file transfers from the device will be significantly reduced.
Cases of incompatibility
As noted above, the technology of USB 2.0 ports located on the vast majority of computers around the world.
- Many of these computers still have operating systems Windows old , such as the XP version, you just might be possible to use USB 2.0 devices.
- For later versions of Windows XP to a greater receptivity arises as to connect devices and ports of different versions.
- Some users have reported problems when testing the retro-compatibility of devices and ports on Windows 8, creating the need to download and install programs that could solve these problems.
- One more stable versions of Windows in terms of retro-compatibility of devices and ports of different technologies, is Windows 10 , but of course, you should always keep in mind the speed limit.