If you have a PS4 probably often wondered how to install games on the hard disk external PS4 and let me tell you it is very easy. This way you save internal space and can hold up to 8 TB disks to install all the games you want and not have to worry more storage space on your console.
How to download and install games on the external hard drive PS4
The first thing you need is to make sure you have the latest firmware version of your PS4. You should also consider that no external hard drive work on the console.
For this you will need one with a minimum size 250 GB and USB 3.0, the same will be directly connected to the console, not worth hub using.
Another thing you should consider is that must be formatted in a way to the ” special “for the PS4 can read. If you want to use the same disk on a computer, touch reformatting.
So what we do is to connect the player to the console, turn and we’ll follow these simple steps in for the PS4 can read
- Let go to the screen “ Settings “.
- Then we will enter “ Devices “.
- After that, we must choose “ USB Storage Devices “.
- You must choose the external hard drive that previously clicked.
- Now you must choose “ Remote Storage Format “.
Install games on the external hard drive PS4
In this way, your console will recognize that the drive is valid and that you can access it. You can now Save games that. What we need to do is now all configured to recognize as the default storage so we download games directly to make the external hard drive.
As for the recorded content and the system is saved on the internal drive of the console and is something we can not change in any direction games.
- Then to configure the disk we will go to “ Settings “.
- Next, we go to “ Storage “.
- In this place, we will be able to see the hard drive of the console and we will select the external.
- Here you must press the “ Options ” button on the remote and go to the “ Application installation location “.
- You must select the “ Remote Storage “.
- It’s all you need to do that all games are downloaded and installed on the external hard drive. If you still want to do in the domestic need only repeat steps should select “ Storage Extended ” but “ System Storage “.
Games Move the internal hard disk outside
You can also move all games on the internal hard drive of the console outside. This is very useful because we can release a huge amount of space.
- For this we will go to “ Settings “.
- Next we need to enter “ Storage “.
- Now, let’s go “ System Storage ” and here we must enter “ Applications “.
- In this section, we have to press on “ Options ” in the command and choose the option that says “ Move prolonged storage “.
- After that, you should choose the games you want to move on the external hard drive and press “ Move and accept “.
It would be. If you want to stop using the external hard drive, first you need to disable the PS4. This is fairly easy to do, because only need to leave the PS button on the remote control to access the quick menu system.
Here you have to choose “ Stop using Remote Storage ” and ready. This way I can even be changed from hard drives to download and install other games. Ideal for not having to remove for games that are not similar and take up much space.