Surely happened to you that these have made an important presentation at PowerPoint for an early meeting and need to mail it.
When the presentation is perfect and you are about to send notes that you can not do because the presentation weighs a ton. Luckily it is a problem that has a solution and there are ways to compress a file with images in a PowerPoint presentation .
Do not let your PowerPoint presentation exceed the maximum allowable size to mail or even upload it to a web page or cloud. href=”https://tdftips.com/ver-capas-imagenes-powerpoint/” can downsize images of your slides and even significantly reduce the size of the presentation without affecting the quality.
How to compress an image in PowerPoint?
The most practical way to reduce the size of a file in the application’s reducing the size of the images containing the slides.
- Select an image you want to compress
- A picture appears selecting a new option called the Ribbon Image Tool. Click on it and displays the new options.
- Select the Compress Pictures.
- opens a new window with options . Select the type of resolution you want apply to the image. Choose from the highest, HD 330 ppi, 220 ppi print, web and email 150dpi 96 ppi.
- Select compression options for images. You can choose to delete cropped areas of pictures and if you want to apply the changes to all images or only selected .
- Finally, press the OK button to save your changes.
From same window can save the settings you made as your default . In case you want to do the same with other PowerPoint presentations future. The only problem with applying this configuration is that you can not know how much is the final size reduction guards until the file again.
Note: You can see the size of a PowerPoint file from the File menu (Alt + A) in the Information tab. The file must be saved to see the size of the file.
Compress a file with multimedia content in PowerPoint
PowerPoint to reduce the size of the multimedia content from version 2010 onwards.
- Depending on the version you use Compress Media can find the option to File menu on the Information tab .
- Click on the Compress Media.
- There are three options available to modify the quality of the content multimedia presentation. The available options are: Presentation Quality, quality and low quality Internet . Select one of them.
- then select an option change is immediate and can take depending on how many files you have multimedia presentation.
Reducing the size of the final PowerPoint file is considerable, but keep in mind that can be compromised quality of images, videos or audios with this process. It will depend on the selected quality.
Enlaza multimedia content and videos to your presentation
Another way to avoid overloading the presentation and make it lighter is adding links to files on the slides, but without integrating them. For example, if you want a video link in a PowerPoint file:
- Create a text on the slide . It can be video to have the relationship with the file you want to link.
- On the Insert menu, select the Link -. Insert Link
- Then in the file browser select the video to which you want to refer to the presentation.
- To save the changes press the OK button.
Now when you want to access the file you just link, you click on the text in the presentation and the file will be opened with the application that is predetermined for that format.
Note: for the file must be in the same location where the storage unit where you linked open. If you use the presentation to another PC, be sure to also load the media file and verify that the link works.