Learn to Set LAN connection with priority over WiFi or vice versa is important in case you have both WiFi and Ethernet.
probably noticed that according versions of Windows , automatically switches to Ethernet when connected. This happens because of the priority network Windows automatically assigned to all network adapters.
Overall, this is good. However, if you want to force a particular network over the other, then it will be forced to disable the other network adapter.
For example, when there is a problem with the broadband connection or when there is a failed result after a WiFi speed test, try to use mobile data via the USB connection.
What is, what it does and how it works broadband connection? are questions you need to know to understand what is spoken in this tutorial.
You may also be interested in:
However, most of the time Windows refuses to use the new connection because of lower priority compared to Ethernet Desktop Adapter.
If you have multiple network adapters, should consider setting up LAN connection with priority over WiFi instead of disabling the adapter.
Setting the priority of wired and wireless adapters in Windows
Some users experience connectivity problems to the dock or undock a wired to wireless and vice versa connection. Then I’ll teach you how to configure LAN connection on Windows priority over WiFi to prevent the loss of network communication.
- First you click on the button “ Home “.
- Click the right mouse button Network and then left on “ Properties “.
- Now that you are in the window of the “ Network and Sharing ” select you to “ Change settings of the adapter “.
- On the new page “ Network “, select the “ ALT ” key on the keyboard to display the menu window.
- Click on the “ Advanced ” and then “ Advanced Settings “.
- In the window “ Advanced Settings ” see the tab “ Adapters and Encuadernaciones ” and “ Connection “you will see the order in which they are.
Use the arrows on the side to move the priority of the “ Connection Wireless Network .” Up to this example
Change the priority of the network by configuring the adapter
Through the adapter configuration, you can also configure the LAN connection with priority over WiFi or vice versa. To perform this type of configuration simply must perform the following steps I will show you below:
You may also be interested in:
- First you start the application settings by clicking the “ All Settings ” button in the Notification Center or by searching in the Start menu.
- In the setup application, go to “ Network and Internet “, then “ Status ” and click “ Change the options for the adapter “that appears in the right pane.
- The above action will open the page of the network adapter on the control panel. Find the network adapter for which you want to increase the priority, click the right mouse button on it and select the “ Properties ” option.
- In the Properties window select the “ Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) ” option and click the “ Properties ” button. Li >
- The choice of priority network is hidden in the advanced settings. You must select the option “ Advanced “.
- Uncheck the option “ Automatic metric ” and enter a number less than 10. Click the “ OK ” to save changes button.
- Only as a demonstration, I am introducing the lowest number possible, for example, “1”.
Generally, uses Windows priority numbers above 20 and any priority under 20 should be fine. If not, you can always change it to something lower.
- Close all windows and restart the system for the changes to take effect.
That’s all. From now on the network with the highest priority will be favored over the other active networks. If you want to ever go back, just check the box ‘ Automatic metric “in step 5.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?