It is common that third parties illegally connect to the wifi from someone else. It may sometimes not immediately perceive; If you ask me how do you know if you are stealing Internet access to block? a complete guide so you can definitely detect and block is displayed.
Find out if you are stealing Internet access, so you can block
When other people steal your wifi can generate slow network connection . Also it makes it vulnerable your personal information and history on the network. Therefore, it is essential that you detect if you are stealing Internet access to block them.
Wireless theft can happen for various reasons. One may be to have a password for wifi easy to decipher. Some people use weak keys as numbers or repeated sequences, personal names, etc.
It also can happen because the routers come with a key pre-designed factory wifi . which is determined by certain patterns, so some people find these patterns and manage to decipher the key.
It is important understand what it involves stealing wifi , as some people do it to commit cybercrimes. If you make your Internet access, your IP address will be involved in a crime and can I see you involved in legal problems.
You may also be interested in:
4 Ways to know if you are stealing Internet access
- From the router; since it has a section called WLAN which can indicate how many devices are connected to the wifi. For example, if you are not using the internet and light that indicates the connection is active, indicating that someone else is connected to the network.
- Through the connected devices; To do this, go to a computer and checks the filters MAC . This option allows to detect how many devices are connected to your network. You only need your username and password and enter router to your computer.
- Another way is by checking the connection speed. Since the devices to be connected, it will be slower than usual. Therefore, you must be attentive to the connection speed .
- There are also different applications that allow all devices connected to a network. You can even identify whether it is a mobile or PC.
How to lock to steal wifi network
There are several ways to block those who steal the wifi internet and avoid this happen to you. These are the options:
- Change your password wifi : Although basic, this is actually one of the ways that the thefts occur more Internet access. Either by passwords or default those that are very easy. A changing key and placing a more complex, you prevent third parties accessing your wifi.
- It is recommended that regularly you change your password, because some people engaged in stealing wifi, manage to get around them.
- Filtered MAC : You can block specific MAC address you have on your wifi detected. It is a simple process that can be done from your computer. This is the configuration of the router, go to the connections of the MAC addresses. Then with your username and password, you can access the “ Associated Devices ” or connected devices option. There can definitely block all alien device addresses.
You may also be interested in:
Similarly, it is important to remember not share your password internet access with others. Avoid exposing your network to third parties not only affect your connection, but also can affect your safety . Now you know how to identify if you are stealing wifi to permanently block them.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?