Today we will see add or remove folders how excluded for the search indexer in Windows 10 . This is something positive in general terms to a little faster access to certain content. However, when dealing with a large number of files can have an impact quite negative in our operating system.
This can be very positive to access certain files quickly and promptly. Something similar to mobile devices. The problem comes when you have a fairly large amount of data and this obviously affects to the performance of your computer .
So let’s look at two fairly simple methods to get the same result and to add or remove folders excluded for the search indexer in Windows 10. Both methods work great.
One could say it is a classic, one way from earlier versions of Windows. However, Windows 10 has the ability to use enhanced mode for add even more easily folder to the exclusion of the indexer search or so you can eliminate them in a simple way with just a click.
Another way to improve and facilitate the task of finding a file on your computer is activating the option Enhanced search file.
You may also be interested in:
How to add or delete folders excluded for the seeker of Windows 10
- You press the «Windows » key to the operating system menu opens. You can also press « Home » below left.
- Once you open the menu you will have to click on « Settings » that would become the icon in the form of gear is left.
- After this we will have to go to the option « Cortana «.
- In the search box that appears at the top left write « Browsing Windows » or « Windows Search «.
- Here we need to ensure that the « Improved » that option is enabled.
- Now if what you want is to add a folder to be excluded then go a little further down to the section that says « Folders excluded «.
- Here you’ll have to click on « Add an excluded folder » sign on the icon « + «.
- opens the Windows file browser and you have to choose the folder you want to exclude.
- If you want to delete one of these folders the only thing you have to do is click on it in the list you can see below and when you do you will see that it appears a button below the right says « Remove folders excluded «.
Add or remove folders excluded for the search indexer in Windows 10
There is another method to add or remove folders from the search indexer Windows 10 :
- We need to press the « Windows » and type « Control Panel » button.
- At the top right of the screen are going to have to write « Index «.
- If you look at the results appear one die « Indexing Options » need to click on that option.
- opens a new window where you will be able to see all the folders that were added. What we have to do now is click « Edit » and we see a new window where you will be able to mark or unmark the folders you want to add or delete.
- Once you have all marked or unmarked. All you need to do is click « OK » and you can see in the window «Indexing Options» results.
You can use any of the above methods to add or remove folders excluded for the indexer Search on Windows 10 . As you can see two ways of doing so they are very simple and quick.
We hope all clear stay, but if you still have any questions you know you can leave a little down in the comments.
You may also be interested in:
You can try that when you search for this file does not appear or is displayed, it usually happens when files are hidden, if this is your case do not worry there are several Windows-compatible programs that allow you to Show hidden files.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?