In its latest version, the application of the Windows system included in a program that many do not like to have installed. It is the Groove music. For this reason, in this article, we’ll explain how to uninstall Groove Music from Windows 10 . We also say what can happen if you delete .
But I first want to explain what exactly this program and why it costs so much to get rid of.
What music Groove
Windows 10 introduced a number of interesting applications and features like Cortana, the virtual assistant. However, people from Microsoft also added some very few applications currently used fully. One is Groove Music, which pre-installed on this operating system.
This is a music player that to replace the traditional Windows Media Player . Among its many features is the ability to listen to your songs on different devices using the onedrive folder.
Although Microsoft has done a lot emphasized that Windows 10 users using this application, many simply chose to use other players with whom we are most familiar or have more features. Something similar happens when we try to publish Cortana in Chrome or Firefox instead of Microsoft Edge.
How to uninstall Groove Music from Windows 10
As you have mentioned, Groove is pre-installed application in Windows 10. Microsoft wants you to use your application; If hid very well the process to remove .
As with other applications of the system, if you try to find this app in the list of installed applications, you will find that you can not uninstall it from there. So to get rid once and for all Groove music, you must do the following:
- Close the application and make sure that all implementation processes currently remains involved in the background.
- Open the Windows search bar and type “PowerShell. “Press the right mouse button and select” Run as administrator “.
- In the text box, type this command: “Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers.” In doing so, the program will display all the application packages are installed on your system. Scroll down until you find the interface to be called Microsoft.ZuneMusic .
- Double click on the “PackageFullName” section of this package. Then copy and paste the full sequence that appears there. It should be something like Microsoft.ZuneMusic_3.6.15131.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.
- In PowerShell writes the command “remove-AppxPackage” followed by a space and then paste the name of the application. In total there should be something like: remove-AppxPackage Microsoft.ZuneMusic_3.6.15131.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
- Press the ‘Enter’ key.
The uninstall process is so fast that sometimes not even a warning appears informing you that the process has concluded. To check uninstallation, you can open the search box and write Groove Music. You appear a recommendation to install the application from the App Store, but you will see that is not installed on your computer.
Note You can use this same command to remove other system applications you do not want to have on your computer. Just internet search for the name of the package and follow the same steps. If this sounds too complicated, learn how to uninstall applications pre-installed on Windows 10 easily.
What happens if you remove Groove Music from Windows 10
If you delete this application on your computer, absolutely nothing that can damage or hurt your operation. The only thing that will happen is that Groove Music will not appear on the list of applications installed on your computer.
From then say a few extra megabytes of storage space. On the other hand, if you want to play videos and songs, you can use the traditional Windows media player, which has always been there. Only it was overshadowed by the program.
Or you can simply go to the program Microsoft is promoting rather than Groove Music. Spotify
You can also download a of the best free music players for Windows . After installing it, you simply put it as default or default program . So every time you play a video or song you have chosen the application will run.