Today, we will see how to uninstall or remove an installed WordPress theme with two simple methods. Ideal for those taking their first steps with this powerful CMS.
WordPress is a CMS designed for blogs and started insert spaces between the lines or paragraphs . But due to its large community evolved a remarkable way. Thus, thanks to the wide variety of themes and plugins that account, you can create an entire website on a topic and edit or delete credits and the right of permanent author without any problems.
In this way, we can find thousands of WordPress themes, it is impossible to try, but we can not deny that we eat the curiosity of trying to test several. Is normal, until we find one that suits the style of our blog and especially to our tastes.
But after trying, if you do not take care to eliminate those we do not like, we end up with a complete hosting of the issues we will not be using what we should do in this case? Simply remove them and we’ll see a little below two simple methods so you can Uninstall any of your WordPress theme without trace.
How to remove an item installed WordPress
Before you begin, we recommend you create a backup of your WordPress. Backups are always necessary before any kind of simpler process.
- The first thing you need to do is log into your WordPress administration panel.
- Then you need to go to the “ Appearance ” that is on the left sidebar of the screen.
- If you want to uninstall the subject is active and displayed on your site. You will need to activate another problem, since you can delete WordPress inactive.
- Now you must find the subject you want to uninstall.
- Hover over the item and you will see that the thumbnail of the same becomes slightly gray and a message that says “element Details ” appears.
- What we do is simply click to open a window all the information on the subject.
- In this window, if you look under the law can see a button that says “ Delete ” to the press on the same window appears emerging where you have to confirm that you really want to delete the question the hand.
- After checking the item removed from your server and WordPress without trace class. It is easy to uninstall a WordPress theme.
How to uninstall a WordPress theme
If you want to delete an FTP WordPress theme is something even easier for some. All you need is an FTP client such as FileZilla, among others.
Once connected to your accommodation will just have to go to “ wp-content ” then go to “ Themes ” You have to choose the theme you want to eliminate all shown they are installed. Just give a right click and “ Delete “.
You should know that FTP if you can remove the theme that is active on your site. So you must be sure that the topic that you uninstall is precisely the one you want, because if you delete the one you active, the blog is empty load.
If you have not much experience in WordPress and FTP, we recommend using the first method is the simplest and walking box delete a theme for your WordPress installation without any kind of problem can also enter their official website and see subscription plans is for you.