You may have a Google Play gift card in your hands. If that is the case but there is no possibility of redeeming it in your country, we want to tell you that not everything is lost. Read this post in which we will teach you the procedure, so that you know how to redeem a Google Play gift card from another country.
How to redeem a Google Play gift card from another country
How to get a Google Play gift card from another country?
Maybe you take it for granted that you will never have the chance to get a Google Play gift card. Especially if you live in Latin America, or are not a resident of the countries where these cards are commonly acquired and redeemed, such as the United States, Mexico and some European countries.
Alternative ways to get a Google Play gift card
We have good news for you! There are three alternative ways to get a Google Play gift card from another country or zip code:
- Through promotions or sweepstakes made by some websites.
- If you travel, you can acquire it at any commercial establishment in another country that Google Play has designated for it, at no additional cost.
- Through a family member or friend who lives abroad. They could send you the code.
How can I redeem a Google Play gift card from another country?
You may also be interested in:
Once you have the code or the physical Google Play gift card from another country (in this case, you just need to scratch your code from the back), you can redeem it from your PC or smartphone as shown below:
Set up a new profile
- If you have your own Google account, go to the main menu of Google Play Store. You can do this by clicking on the three small horizontal bars in the upper left side.
- Go to the “Account” section.
- Click on “Payment methods”.
- Another sub-menu will appear. Then click on “More payment settings”.
- Now you must log in with your email and password.
- In “payments center” click on the top left menu and the “Country” option will appear. But, since you cannot change the place or the country where you live, press “Create new profile” at the bottom of the option. Then, on the next screen, click on “continue”.
- You will be redirected to “Create a new payments profile”. Select the country from which you acquired the gift card. Once done, press the “continue” button.
- On the next screen you will have to provide some information, such as address; more specifically, Line 1, the City, Prefecture and Postal Code. We suggest you ask your friends or relatives abroad for help, as any fake data could generate an error message or not allow you to continue to the last step.
- Finally, after completing the previous step click on the “Send” button.
Redeem your Google Play gift card
- From the comfort of your own Google Play Store, simply access the main menu and press in “Redeem”.
- On the next screen enter your Google Play gift card code. Finally, click on “Redeem”, and that’s it!
Now that you have the money of your Google Play gift card, imagine all the things you can buy with it! You could get products, gems in your favorite games, videogames, music, movies and even books (if you are a fan of reading).
Nevertheless, make sure you are aware of the conditions imposed by the Google Play Store for the use of gift cards. Of course, to do this, you will need to have the latest version from the Google Play Store.
We know that some users have chosen to use cheats and create a secondary account, or install applications that have allowed them to redeem their Google Play gift card. However, in your case, we suggest you do what your conscience and ethics tell you. We hope you will choose the best way to redeem your Google Play gift card from another country.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: